Pooka

segaz
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Pooka

Post by segaz »

The Pooka.

I love the seasons end credits where the pooka is travelling across the land, searching for new dungeoneers.

I think this is actually the best of all the scary faces from the show. Although I have a soft spot for the skeleton of season....3/4?
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Pooka

Post by Pooka »

It depends which pooka you're talking about. There's a memorable credits sequence that features a pooka in Series 6, but I seem to remember (although I may be wrong; it's hazy) one appearing during the Series 5 closing sequence?

The Series 4/5 pookas (or "hauntings"), I always thought, had a scarier face than the Series 6/7 pookas. I preferred the later ones, personally, particularly because I found them more memorable due to their large eyes, low gibbering noises and characteristic prominent cheeks.

Despite Treguard's "this is a dangerous pooka!" type comments, I'm not sure they were ever going to cause any particular damage, but it was always good to see them on screen. I cheered when I saw one in the closing stages of Series 7!
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
AriadnesLayer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Pooka

Post by AriadnesLayer »

I am pretty sure the forum member is referring to the closing credits of Series 7 Episode 14 in which, like they said, a Pooka can be seen traveling cross-country. Possibly looking for a new home, or dungeoneers to steal their life-force (or whatever they wanted from dungeoneers; their motive was always ambiguous). They describe this as the "Season's closing credits" which I would agree with as the closing credits on the only remaining episode (episode 15) is just a still of the opening credits scene.

I like this closing credit sequence as we don't see pookas much in Series 7. In fact they appear more in closing credits than they do in the show. (It's possible they were scheduled and all lined-up to appear in certain quests in rooms that we never got to because dungeoneers died before getting to them.)

Anyway this closing sequence perhaps hints at what happens to them and why we don't see them again after this. They are leaving.