10 years ago...

Report and discuss latest knews and developments relating to Knightmare.
frieza
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

10 years ago...

Post by frieza »

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before, but I can't believe that it is 10 years since Knightmare's last season. I really don't know where the time has gone. I remember first logging onto this site in 2000, and thinking that it would be four long years until the 10th anniversary of series 8. And now here it is...

Anyone else got any thoughts they'd like to share about this...?
keke
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:10 years ago...

Post by keke »

i think......

that i want knightmare back :'(
Knightmare game completion:
Level 1: 100%
Level 2: 8%
Level 3: 1%
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I did start a thread a loooong time ago titled something like ten years after it all ended, but I'm not sure where abouts it is.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Well, remember, the anniversary of the last episode (for a long time) will be on the 11th of November!
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

You may want to read my fanfiction Knightmare: Resurrection (link to it is below), which describes what might have happened ten years after the last quest in the dungeon.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
KFan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by KFan »

It is even more strange when you think about what you have done SINCE 1994. It doesn't seem like 10 years, certainly.

A minutes silence on November 11th, anyone?
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

10 years, you'd think you might have achieved something!

Maybe we should all make an effort to log on at the time when the final episode finished...
Good night out there; whatever you are!
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

KM_Fan wrote: It is even more strange when you think about what you have done SINCE 1994. It doesn't seem like 10 years, certainly.

A minutes silence on November 11th, anyone?
Well, I tend to give a minute's silence on November 11th already...

And I feel that I've just wasted 10 years of my life. Well, not really. But I shouldn't come on this forum after having gone to the pub...
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
Willowherb
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Willowherb »

10 years? I can still remember stuff I was doing 10 years ago... I can't believe they shut the last series down so early either. I mean, the 11th November - series 2 went right up to the 19th December (I think. The video I borrowed from Elita has the dates at the beginning of a lot of the episodes.) They could have let the last team in 1994 have another episode to finish!
KFan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by KFan »

I know what you mean, but they can't extend a series, when they have been comissioned to make 10 episodes.
Golgarach
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Ten Years Since Knightmare Ended

Post by Golgarach »

I hadn't noticed it on here yet, but today is the Tenth Anniversary of the end of Knightmare on Childrens ITV. :'( I can't believe it's ten years on since that sad moment.

With that said I hope it's safe to say that the future is still a Knightmare with ongoing repeats of the Knightmare series'. Not only that, the development of the Knightmare VR. I can't wait to see what'll happen in the future. Hopefully it's a rosey one. :)
Last edited by Golgarach on 11 Nov 2004, 17:07, edited 1 time in total.
Listen puny flesh! Nothing may you take with the earning. Nothing may you know without the learning.
PunmiesterWhiteley
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re:Ten Years Since Knightmare Ended

Post by PunmiesterWhiteley »

I can't believe it's been 10 years since KM ended :(

Lord Fear mentions something about "Watch the clock Lissard. They barely have time to finish a quest".

I thought this was odd as it was still October and KM usually ran until December. Little did I know that KM would finish on 11/11/94 and it would be for good.

Fortunately I taped some S8 episodes and still have them. (From the Bimboid bit on). It's nice to see them without commercials or a HUGE Challenge logo advertising "Game Show Gods" or whatever.

Thursday 18th November is an important date too. It's 10 years since the first episode of Virtually Impossible. :D
You remind me of all the other men I've met in my life. All helmet and no brains.

(Stiletta to Mike)
MPK
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by MPK »

As one dies, another one begins, unfortunately without as large a timespan as KM!

Dont forget this christmas will mark its second year on Challenge, and it has been a staple of the channel ever since!
Once again returning... and once again going just as fast!
http://www.abadeducation.com
Darren
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Darren »

I still can't believe its 10 years since knightmare ended, but then again, think of it this way, we still support it after 10 years too!

I hope the future for knightmare is a good one too! Lets hope they keep on showing those repeats and bring Knightmare VR to our screens!
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Goodkness me... I remember the last episode of Knightmare on CITV like it was yesterday. I remember my friend calling me up straight after wondering why there was an endcap inviting viewers to write in if they were interested in appearing on the show, since we had heard that this was going to be the last series (but turned out not to be confirmed yet).
You're on the edge of a ledge...