Kids' TV Champ - Radio Times vote

Report and discuss latest knews and developments relating to Knightmare.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Kids' TV Champ - Radio Times vote

Post by HStorm »

Thank you, Annie.

Heh, love the way the website says there were 18,000 votes. I get the feeling there may have been somewhat fewer actual voters.

*Halo-head*
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

You just need an orchestra for those lyrics Martin :) Victory music
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

By my calculations, KM fans cast upwards of 14,500 votes in the space of two days! Wow!
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

HStorm wrote:Thank you, Annie.

Heh, love the way the website says there were 18,000 votes. I get the feeling there may have been somewhat fewer actual voters.

*Halo-head*
Indeed.
The entire thing smells rather strongly of an attempt by the RadioTimes to increase their social media presence. The fact that the final article actually says very little about Knightmare indicates the piss poor level of research that they subsequently carried out (i.e. very little, because the actual winner doesn't matter to them).

Ah well, the title is indeed a weighty one and might have some future value. Who wants to write up an article for the main site?
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

That is because Knightmare is one of a kind :) It was not of the ordinary but it worked. Unlike Virtually Impossible
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

I'd offer to do a write-up, but I need to put the finishing touches to the latest audio play. I've been putting that off for over half-an-hour as it is.

Oh, I've realised what a geek I really am. I'm 40 years old in about seven months, and I actually caught myself *dancing* my way between rooms of my flat just now, all because of this. Sheesh, that's sad...
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

So am I champ :)
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Get in there!! Romped home in the end! After we were robbed by Fun House previously, it was great to see Knightmare win. Looking forward to seeing the extended geek week episode now Alan!! ;)
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Since the Radio Times article might bring a few new visitors to Knightmare.com and/or the Facebook page, may I suggest posting a reminder that KM repeats are currently airing on Challenge? Might help to give their ratings a boost. :)
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Good plan. If only Challenge put a card up after the credits saying to visit the website. But I guess such idea would exist only in the realm of dreams.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Sure, go for it
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Canadanne wrote:Since the Radio Times article might bring a few new visitors to Knightmare.com and/or the Facebook page, may I suggest posting a reminder that KM repeats are currently airing on Challenge? Might help to give their ratings a boost. :)
Sounds like a good idea to me, I'm sure Challenge will appreciate the potential extra viewing figures as well - especially if they're looking to acquire further series as they've recently claimed.... I'll make sure a post on this has been done on the Facebook page by tomorrow morning.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
HobGoblin
Staff
Staff

Post by HobGoblin »

Going back to round 3 - this wasn't the first time KM came up against Duck Tales. This was back in Sep 1987 when they rubbed shoulders in the ITV Monday afternoon schedule!

A personal KM/Duck Tales memory: when CITV ran their 'design a room' competition, my own effort was inspired by an episode of the cartoon which included a scene where columns came crashing down onto flagstones, threatening to squash those below. I didn't win ;D
Extreme warning team, a Hobgoblin in the level!
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

JamesA wrote:
Canadanne wrote:Since the Radio Times article might bring a few new visitors to Knightmare.com and/or the Facebook page, may I suggest posting a reminder that KM repeats are currently airing on Challenge? Might help to give their ratings a boost. :)
Sounds like a good idea to me, I'm sure Challenge will appreciate the potential extra viewing figures as well - especially if they're looking to acquire further series as they've recently claimed.... I'll make sure a post on this has been done on the Facebook page by tomorrow morning.
Now done.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Dang. I was hoping we'd get to see the previous posts break our record of 100,000 views. They were prime candidates :)