Knightmare series 7

Interested in offering help to the Knightmare community? Make or respond to requests for help here.
themagicbeholder
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Knightmare series 7

Post by themagicbeholder »

Hi, Listen I was wondering if somebody could help me out.

I have all the series of knightmare on my dvd recorder harddrive, however unfortunetly I have deleted series 7 by mistake. Does anyone know where I can get it from? Its not out to buy or anything is it?

Thanks a lot and what a quality site by the way
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Knightmare series 7

Post by HStorm »

Afraid not. The series has never been released on video or DVD, and there's little sign that it ever will be. If you can get Challenge TV you might be able to record it from there, although as their rights to broadcast the series are starting to expire, it might be tricky.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
themagicbeholder
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

I see, you don't have a copy yourself do you that I could purchase off you?
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Er, no no no no, a thousand times no. *Polite but rueful grin.* Sorry to sound brisk, beholder, but please don't raise the subject of pirate copying on this forum. Read this to understand why...

http://www.knightmare.com/forum/faq.htm
themagicbeholder
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

o ok, i didn't realise this was breaking copyright? I have series 1,2,3,4,5,6, and 8 on my dvd recorder, got most off challenge you see. You know if challenge plans to show series 7 anytime soon.

Does it break copyright then to buy series 7 from somewhere like ebay even if it will never be officially relased?
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Yes. Until Tim Child chooses to declare the series to be 'Abandonware' - assuming he ever will - any copies of it in the public domain are illegal. (Strictly speaking, that even applies to recordings people make off the TV and retain for more than 72 hours, although you'll never get into trouble for that.)

You should absolutely never bring money or distribution into it.

Now, er, again not wanting to sound rude, but we really should drop the subject there. It's a 'banned topic', so to speak.
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

I'm sure Challenge will repeat Series 7 again but you'll have to keep an eye on the schedules as it seems to have moved to the graveyard slot. This is your only reasonable way of obtaining it for your own personal use. It is not available anywhere else.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Ironlord
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Ironlord »

Illusion wrote: This is your only reasonable way of obtaining it for your own personal use.
You almost make it sound like cannabis...

*tokes* "Yeah, officer, I've got series 7 of Knightmare..." *tokes* "...only for my own personal use, you know..." *tokes* "...anyone got any Mini Cheddars?"
I am Granitas of legend. MY NAME IS NOT AMUSING!
Cull
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Cull »

Ironlord wrote:
Illusion wrote: This is your only reasonable way of obtaining it for your own personal use.
You almost make it sound like cannabis...

*tokes* "Yeah, officer, I've got series 7 of Knightmare..." *tokes* "...only for my own personal use, you know..." *tokes* "...anyone got any Mini Cheddars?"
Could be worse... you could have some hoodies hanging round street corners trying to sell it... :)

"Yeah, mate. I've got some Knightmare, propa quality season 3 stuff too... got some Sattleite game if you want it... 'ere, it's the boys from Anglia - be cool, be cool..."

Than again, from what I've been seeing here on the threads about eBay, it's not too far from the truth... >.>