Re:Series 1, Episode 1 - The Beginning

Any feedback, questions or ideas for this forum and website.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Yes I agree with Malefacts idea, it will help the boards no end.

If we had 1 specific forum for the old topics, then we might just be able to read the new ones before they slip down to page 3.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Right, well I think we will create a new section of the forum for specific episode threads only. I'm not too sure if they should be locked as the idea is that people can contribute to the episode discussion long after the initial posts (e.g. when it is repeated, or new members wanting to ask questions on the episode).
You're on the edge of a ledge...
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Illusion I'm probably asking a silly question but could you move all episode topics from this forum to the new one. Prehaps leave or delete this topic from its current location.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Oh the knew sections have cleared things up a bit now and make things a bit better. Just thinking though, maybe perhaps the large topics i.e. "Things you never see", "They would never say", "U know sum1", etc. that have 10+ pages could be moved to another board i.e. the knew classic board. Just an idea as that would also clear things up slightly, does anyone else agree?
Last edited by Anonymous on 06 Jun 2004, 22:11, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

The Brollachan wrote: Illusion I'm probably asking a silly question but could you move all episode topics from this forum to the new one. Prehaps leave or delete this topic from its current location.
Yes, that is/was the plan. All done now :)
Billy
Knight
Knight

Re:Episode discussion [was s1 e1]

Post by Billy »

I've found a few episode discussion threads that weren't under the 'Series X Episode X' syntax, and so aren't on the Episode Discussion board.

Saturday's episode - Series 6 Episode 4. All threads since then (17th April) have followed the same syntax.

The regular episode discussion threads didn't start until the Series 4 repeats, but some Series 3 ones were made, albeit under lots of different names. The same thread would usually be used for the following episode as well-

End of Season - Series 3 Episode 16.

Last Saturdays Episode(8/2/03) Hilarious - Series 3 Episode 11. Seems to turn into a 'favourite moments' type thread near the end, but it did start out as a discussion.

Sundays Challenge? Episode - Series 3 Episode 8...for the first 1 and a half pages, anyway. It then rolls over into episodes 9 and 10.

todays ep, - Series 3 Episodes 5 and 6.

did ya see it? - Series 3 Episode 1, and then Episode 2- the first ever episode discussion thread!

There may be a few more, but I've yet to find them!

---

EDIT: Another one: Series 4 Episode 10 - Series 4 Episode 10!

There are also sometimes two threads discussing the same episode. It would probably be best if these pairs were merged together:

Series 4 Episode 5- here and here.

Series 4 Episode 7- here and here.

Series 5 Episode 7- here and here. (the latter thread was accidentally named 'Series 6 Episode 7', so it would be probably best to merge 1 with 2.)

Series 5 Episode 11- here and here. (the former thread had a date of Monday 12th instead of Wednesday 12th, so it would be probably best to merge thread 2 with 1.)

Series 5 Episode 12- here and here. (the former thread had a date of Wednesday 12th instead of Friday 14th, so it would be probably best to merge 2 with 1.)

Apologies if it sounds like I'm demanding(I'm not)!
Last edited by Billy on 19 Jun 2004, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Thanks massively for this. I have implemented all that moving and merging. Cheers. Any more welcome. Thanks. Excellent!
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Slightly unrelated but in the later pages of the general discussion forum there are a lot of threads that should be in the newbies thread.

I got bored and felt like having a virtual wonder around the board.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I think that maybe the board name could be changed to "episode and individual team reviews" as I've noticed that further back the threads weren't done by each episode, they were done by each team shown. So perhaps the board name could be changed to as mentioned and those team related threads could also be moved there. Just a suggestion though.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

BillyH wrote: I've found a few episode discussion threads that weren't under the 'Series X Episode X' syntax, and so aren't on the Episode Discussion board.
Illusion wrote: Thanks massively for this. I have implemented all that moving and merging. Cheers. Any more welcome. Thanks. Excellent!
Buried in the depths of General Discussion are many threads which discuss individual Knightmare incidents (i.e. from one particular episode). One could argue that these are not technically episode discussion threads, but in my opinion, it would be beneficial to merge many of them with their respective episode threads. Advantages that I perceive are:

- More of the views expressed on a given matter can then be found in a single place; in short, easier reference. General Discussion is so huge that older topics there are effectively lost. By contrast, Episode Discussion is fully indexed (thank you, Dan), so nothing in there is lost.

- The aforementioned vastness of General Discussion would be helpfully reduced.

- Some of the 'individual incident' threads were clearly started in response to the relevant episode being shown on Challenge (e.g. this thread, just as the Episode Discussion threads were.

It is, of course, Illusion's decision; but to enable that decision, here is a list of the individual incident threads, along with the Episode Discussion threads into which they could be merged.

Series 1 Team 3 death. Existing Episode Thread: Series 1 Episode 4
Series 1 team 4 - Folly's riddle. EET: 1.5
Team 6 of Series 1 - Level 1 wellway descent. & again - insults duel. EET: 1.7

Series 2 Team 3: A death that could have been avoided? EET: 2.3
Series 2, team 5, & again - failure/end of quest. The second thread has many off-topic posts. EET: 2.6
Series 2, Team 9, & again. Both threads concern the quest end. The first thread strays off-topic. EET: 2.11
Team 11 of Series 2 - "Humbugs" death. EET: 2.14
Series 2, Team 12: died how, exactly? EET: 2.15

season 3 team 1. EET: 3.1
Team 3 of Series 3. EET: 3.3?
Series 3 team 4 (Leo), & again, & again, & again. EET: Series 3 - Episode 5/6
Last edited by Drassil on 25 Nov 2007, 17:49, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Team 5 of Series 3 - demise & Team 6's start. Series 3, team 6 at the serpent's tongue. EET: 3.7
Team 6 of Series 3 - figure on L2 bridge. & again - unfair death? EET: 3.8
Team 7 of Series 3, & again, & again. EET: 3.9
Series 3 Team 8. Thread strays off-topic. Team 9 of Series 3 - Sleep-inducing 'pathway walk'. EET: 3.10
Team 10 of Series 3, & again, & again. Team 11 of Series 3 - Bottle from L1 clue room. EET: 3.13
Team 11 of Series 3, & again. Both concern Owen & dragon magic. EET: 3.15
Team 12 Series 3 - unused FLIGHT spell. EET: 3.16

Team 2 of Series 4 - Treguard's comment on their demise. & again - Pickle comment & end credits. EET: 4.5
Team 4 of Series 4 - Treguard greeting Simon. EET: 4.7
Team 4 of Series 4. Existing episode thread: 4.8
Team 4 of Series 4, & again. Both threads concern the infamous sidestep death. EET: 4.9
Team 5 of Series 4 - Chamber of Opposite Extraction. EET: 4.10
Series 4 Episode 11 - AVIs. EET: here.
Team 6 of Series 4 - day before their win is broadcast. Thus this thread would fit with 4.12
Team 6 of Series 4 - Would they have won in Series 3? & again - Dooreen encounter. & again - their win. EET: 4.13
Last edited by Drassil on 25 Nov 2007, 17:48, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Team 8 of Series 4 - Pickle laughing. EET: 4.15 Team 8 of Series 4, & again - closeness to victory. Corridor of Blades let-off? Final moment of Series 4. EET: 4.16

series 5 team 2 - rushed in Level 2 clue area. EET: 5.3
Team 4 of Series 5 - 'funny business' after freezing Aesandre. EET: 5.9
Hordriss scroll competition. EET: 5.10

series 6 team 2 - unfair death. EET: 6.4
TEAM 3, Season 6 - mysterious figure in dwarf tunnel. EET: 6.6
Team 5 of Series 6 - Ariadne encounter. EET: 6.10
Team 5 of Series 6 - Great Causeway combination. EET: 6.11

Start of Series 7 - Lord Fear's initial comment on Lissard. EET: 7.1
Team 5 of Series 7 - reason for death. EET: 7.10
Series 7, Team 6 - what-if for quest end. EET: 7.12
Team 7 of Series 7 - what-if for quest end. EET: 7.15

Series 8 Team 1 - clue room alternative. & again - mostly concerning red dragon at quest end. EET: 8.1
Team 2 of Series 8 - Level 3 'blunder'. & again - Level 3 clue area. EET: 8.3.
Series 8 team 3 - reason for death. EET: 8.6.
Series 8 Team 4, & again - reason for death. EET: 8.7
Team 6 of Series 8 - short cut. EET: 8.9
Last edited by Drassil on 25 Nov 2007, 17:47, edited 1 time in total.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Moana Liza wrote: I think that maybe the board name could be changed to "episode and individual team reviews" as I've noticed that further back the threads weren't done by each episode, they were done by each team shown. So perhaps the board name could be changed to as mentioned and those team related threads could also be moved there. Just a suggestion though.
I think that that suggestion is a good one. There are various threads in General Discussion that cover a team's performance throughout its quest, i.e. across multiple episodes, rather than within a single one. Since these are very relevant to the episode discussions, I'd suggest moving them to Episode Discussion and renaming them with the template of 'Series X - Episodes Y/Z' (and so on), as was done with this thread.

Team 6 of Series 1, i.e. Series 1 - Episodes 6/8
Team 3 of Series 3, Team 2 & Team 3's demises, i.e. Series 3 - Episodes 3/4
Team 11 of Series 3, & again, & again, & again i.e. Series 3 - Episodes 13/14/15
Nitpicks from Series 4 - Episodes 4/5
Team 3 of Series 4, i.e. Series 4 - Episodes 5/6/7
Team 5, Series 5, i.e. Series 5 - Episodes 9/10
Did Dicken & Co have it too easy?, i.e. Series 4 - Episodes 10/11/12/13

Note: if/when my suggestions are implemented, Dan's Episode Thread Index will require edits and additions. (I would assist with that if I could...)

Compiling all this information was no small task - perhaps I should give it a name? Something like the Intentionally Diligent Index Of Threads might be an apt title for today. ;)

Apologies for the quadruple posting required to impart all this, and for potentially increasing the Moderators' workloads. And, as Billy said:
BillyH wrote:Apologies if it sounds like I'm demanding(I'm not)!
Last edited by Drassil on 25 Nov 2007, 17:47, edited 1 time in total.
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Drassil - Thanks as ever for your suggestions. I think it's a good idea to merge those threads as you have suggested and I will get them all done hopefully this weekend (it's nice to have a couple of days off!).
Dan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Dan »

Drassil wrote:Note: if/when my suggestions are implemented, Dan's Episode Thread Index will require edits and additions. (I would assist with that if I could...)
So will I, if needed; I never did get around to adding the names of the teams in.

*waves in a "still here" kinda way, waiting for this month's TES...*