Re:Table of Classic Quests & Contestant Posts

Any feedback, questions or ideas for this forum and website.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Table of Classic Quests & Contestant Posts

Post by Drassil »

Hi. I've often wished there were a place where one could check whether a given team has a 'Classic Quest' write-up in The Eye Shield, and/or contestants who've posted on the forum - so I've created one. I hope it will prove a useful information source to other people as well.

Series Team Dungeoneer TES Classic Quest Contestant Posts 11DavidJune 1997
13SimonMarch 2004
14DannyJuly 2004Mark: Mark Cheetham
16RichardMarch 2002 22ClaireJanuary 2007 23ChrisNovember 2003
24MarkJanuary 2003
26AkashJuly 2001
210JulianNovember 2005Julian: 4 Page Feature in Cult Times, *TO ALL KNIGHTMARE FANS* 211AnthonyJuly 2007 31GavinMay 2003
32CliffMarch 2006
34LeoMarch 1997
36RossSeptember 1996
37KellyNovember 2006
38DouglasSeptember 2002
39ScottMay 2007Scott: Hey there
310JulieOctober 2007
311MartinSeptember 2001 41HelenSeptember 1997
42AlistairMay 2004
44SimonNovember 2002
46DickonMay 2006
48GilesSeptember 2004Giles: Dishing the dirt, John Woodnutt
Last edited by Drassil on 02 Jan 2009, 18:47, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Table of Classic Quests & Contestant Posts, continued

Post by Drassil »

Last edited by Drassil on 02 Jan 2009, 18:37, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Table of Classic Quests & Contestant Posts, still continued

Post by Drassil »

The final section...

Series Team Dungeoneer TES Classic Quest Contestant Posts 81RichardJanuary 2002
82DanielNovember 2001Justin: Knightmare helmet, A Knightmare in Belfast
83NathanSeptember 2003
86DunstanJanuary 2005Alan: Who is Mystara?, Bypassing levels, Vote "Knightmare" for ITV's 50 Greatest Shows, How many successful quests?, Mystara's Secret Project: KMV, KMV: The website; Oliver: Things that shouldn't have happened in Knightmare, Own a winners trophy!
87OliverJanuary 2004

Note: links in the Series, Team and Dungeoneer columns are to relevant entries in the Interactive Knightmare Lexicon. For obvious reasons, I have not included those Lexicon entries which are reproductions of TES Classic Quest articles.

If you notice any errors or omissions, message me (or one of the Moderators) so a correction/addition can be made. Positive feedback is welcome too. ;)
Last edited by Drassil on 02 Jan 2009, 18:38, edited 1 time in total.
37Herbie
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by 37Herbie »

Good Work Drassil - Will be most useful
"Oh Dear, What a Pity, Never Mind"
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Superb. I've made this thread sticky.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
37Herbie
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by 37Herbie »

Sticky Sticky - Well done!
"Oh Dear, What a Pity, Never Mind"
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Thank you both for the compliments: they are a bonus. As you can see, the table has emerged as quite a tribute to Jake Collins' own hard work on The Eye Shield, and I couldn't help hoping that he might mention it in November's issue, or maybe even in a post here. He hasn't, and I must confess that I am disappointed. Similarly, Robin/Mashibinbin's generous October plugs of TES and its editor aren't acknowledged, and I find this disappointing too.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Hello, everyone. My name is Jake Collins and I write The Eye Shield. Just for you, Drassil, I've joined the Knightmare Forum so I can answer your post. Believe me, I do appreciate your tribute to my work in the form of your table of Classic Quests, but the latest issue of TES (issue 42) was finalised and ready to be sent off when you first posted it. I usually send TES off in the middle of the month before it is due, which means I finalise its contents at the very beginning of that month and then read through the whole thing for mistakes, which can take a couple of days, partciularly if there are stories to read through. I've already mentioned your table in Message From Me for issue 43, but you might not see it for a while yet.
This account is disabled.
My new account is TheOldenDays
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Good that you've joined up at last, Jake, so welcome aboard!
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

I should just add that Jake normally send me the new TES issues well in advance of the bi-monthly site update and I don't always get it up at the start of the month.

I am as ever grateful for Jake maintaining TES as it is also keeping knightmare.com alive.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Thanks, Illusion, that's some compliment! :)
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Great stuff.

I first came across this topic via Drassil's LJ and the one thing I did note was that the forum posts made by the famous Barry (of Series 7 Team 7) haven't been listed.

Barry posted under the username 'bpthorne' - to find his posts, click on this link to his profile below, and at the bottom, there's an option to find all of his posts:

http://www.knightmare.com/forum/http:// ... r=bpthorne

Other than that, nice work! ;D
Last edited by JamesA on 05 Dec 2006, 10:28, edited 1 time in total.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Eyeshield wrote:Believe me, I do appreciate your tribute to my work in the form of your table of Classic Quests, but the latest issue of TES (issue 42) was finalised and ready to be sent off when you first posted it. I usually send TES off in the middle of the month before it is due, which means I finalise its contents at the very beginning of that month and then read through the whole thing for mistakes, which can take a couple of days, partciularly if there are stories to read through. I've already mentioned your table in Message From Me for issue 43, but you might not see it for a while yet.
Thank you. I apologise, I didn't realise that TES issues were finalised so far in advance, but then many magazines are. By all means mention me in the next issue, but the important thing for me is knowing that you yourself are appreciative of my interest in the Classic Quest articles. So thank you for posting here. :)

James: Most of Barry's posts were 'before my time', but I still should have spotted his account, especially since the 'Barry Topic', in which he made his final post to date, was created because I'd said I couldn't remember who Barry was. :-[ Thank you for pointing it out.
Last edited by Drassil on 05 Dec 2006, 16:42, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

I hope you enjoyed my latest Classic Quest about Claire. Perhpas I have been a little harsh on this team, but they always struck me as being pretty bad. Cedric's riddle about armour seems quite obvious - I don't know what help they thought a leopard skin would have been as protection in battle. The other riddle they got wrong (about the dove) is rather obscure, though.