WEBSITE ANNOUNCEMENT

Any feedback, questions or ideas for this forum and website.
Illusion
Knight
Knight

WEBSITE ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Illusion »

Dear all,

As many of you know I have been running Knightmare.com for the last 9+ years. Naturally things have moved on and I am no-longer able to dedicate the time to update the site as regularly as before.

I would like to hear from anyone who is seriously interested in taking over responsibility for the content of Knightmare.com. This would involve updating the site as and when necessary with news and contributions. There is also the optional opportunity to re-design the site, update the video clips and introduce new features.

Please note ownership of the website and the forum and The Eye Shield will not change.

If you are interested or have any questions please send me an Instant Message or e-mail to contact@knightmare.com.
Last edited by Anonymous on 24 Mar 2008, 17:39, edited 1 time in total.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Re:WEBSITE ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Mystara »

Dear whoever takes over,

Please can we upgrade the forum software? :(
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Im sorry to 'ear that guvner :( Its gonna be really lame without our glorious forum leader. Any ideas on who to pass it on to?

Why don't we take a vote? The moderators and other sheer intellectuals who have the time, and leadership to take this position will be entered: HStorm, Drassil, Malefact and so forth... :)
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Monster
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Monster »

There're plenty of ways to make a site easier to manage, like perhaps migration to content management software like E107 (Which I use for my site) Once the thing is set up then it's easy to add/modify content, plus the software has various apps that can be added, like an integrated phpbb forum and other tasty plugins.
"Where am I?"
"... You tell us.."
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

I don't mind hosting, or even porting the whole thing a content management system. I'd gladly do it just to get away from this forum software! :D

But I don't have the time to keep it updated. Potentially, I suppose, if it were on a CMS then the whole thing could be self propagating anyway and wouldn't need a single head-figure to manage the entire thing.

M
Monster
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Monster »

This is true, various admin levels and permissions can be set by the head admin, so it could be managed by a few people who could add news/moderate etc..
"Where am I?"
"... You tell us.."
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

The idea of volunteers/helpers was suggested a while ago, here. It's already happening to an extent, in fact, with Jake now handling The Eye Shield uploads himself.
mystara wrote:Please can we upgrade the forum software? :(
For the benefit of those of us who aren't unsatisfied with the forum software, please could you explain what bothers you about it?
Last edited by Anonymous on 18 Aug 2008, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

No single thing.
Personally I find it rather clunky. I can never make it find postings I'm looking for, replies to messages that I've written, and it seems to constantly log me out no matter what I'm doing :)

Just a taste thing really.
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Hi all,

I am still around :). Thanks for the above feedback. There hasn't been much interests from individuals wanting responsibility for the whole website, but some interest from people offering to do bits here and there.

I'm still thinking about the options and will get back to anyone who's contacted me about this soon.
AriadnesLayer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by AriadnesLayer »

mystara wrote: No single thing.
Personally I find it rather clunky. I can never make it find postings I'm looking for, replies to messages that I've written, and it seems to constantly log me out no matter what I'm doing :)

Just a taste thing really.
Agreed. The search function is un-good and no matter how many times I click "always keep me logged in"........ it never keeps me logged in. ;D I'm not ungrateful though, I'm just saying I know what you mean!

I remember when I first joined this forum around 1999/2000, it was a much better software. Though maybe I'm looking back through rose coloured glasses.
Helvellyn
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Helvellyn »

Ariadne's Layer wrote:The search function is un-good and no matter how many times I click "always keep me logged in"........ it never keeps me logged in. ;D I'm not ungrateful though, I'm just saying I know what you mean!
It works for me, but uses cookies (there's probably no other way it could work), so if you use a different computer or delete your cookies (how irritatingly American that word sounds!) it'll lose the login.
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

I'm pleased to say that we now have someone (mystara) in the process of taking over the technical aspects of the website and looking at a re-design.

There will be no immediate changes but we will let you know when things happen. ;D
Last edited by Anonymous on 27 Apr 2009, 18:38, edited 1 time in total.
frakilk
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by frakilk »

Wow that's great. I like the current design but a redesign might be just the thing to get a bit of action back into the forums.

:D <- happy