this forum

Any feedback, questions or ideas for this forum and website.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: this forum

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Knight is the highest rank for 500+ posts. There is no higher rank.

The forum does not allow any extra ranks, although it is possible to add another custom title in addition to the rank title.
Just thought I'd mention that- unless you've added something specifically incompatible with it- a code change to add more ranks is indeed possible. The fact it's possible doesn't necessarily make it desirable, however.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I've just noticed that the forum address has changed!
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

yeah, I noticed it the other day, when i did the ol' knightmare.info and it said 'this website has noe been moved to talkknightmare.co.uk'

Does anybody know why?

;D
Foxxy Roxxy
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Probably because there were too many problems with people not being able to access it and the site going down and stuff.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Hi. The only reason why the address was changed was because a UK domain is cheaper to maintain than others.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

Illusion, would you be kind enough to recommend a good host, im looking to buy a domain - just wondering if you've had any good/bad experiences...
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Hi. Well if you're only looking to register a domain and require web and e-mail forwarding (so you can have your website anywhere e.g. on some free webspace, and use the domain to forward to that webspace), then I would recommend www.123-reg.co.uk as they are cheap and have a good control panel to manage your domains. I've not had a problem with them so far in nearly two years.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

*Yawn* Is it just me or does this forum seem quite slow tonight?

Hey I was thinking the other day that some of the old regulars who used to be here a lot, haven't been on here for months. Okay you lot now where have you all dissappeared to then?
Last edited by MoanaLiza on 09 Sep 2003, 23:33, edited 1 time in total.
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

hmm, it did seem to be very quiet over the summer.

Perhaps it was the heat, hopefully things'll warm up in winter though!

;D
Foxxy Roxxy
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

With series 5 imminant it probably will, if not ill be here to fill the forum with incessant blabber  ;D
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Hey I was thinking the other day that some of the old regulars who used to be here a lot, haven't been on here for months. Okay you lot now where have you all dissappeared to then?
Well, dearie, if I'm included in this group, I do apologise. I've been busy trying to find a way to kill that evil Mildread, the one who doesn't bother washing up in my kitchen and leaves 'er junk all over my nice clean work surfaces. You see, dearie, she said she 'ad a spell that might turn me into two people again. Well, as yer know, I- or, rather, we- would do anything for something as like that, what with all the stress it's caused old Grimwold with me throwing green fireballs around our communal wellway room and all, so we traded our life savings for the parchment will the spell on. Except that old crone Mildread, well she's a tricky one, and it turns out all what was on that parchment was 'er recipe for apple crumble. Now, it means I've got something nice to make for Grimmy's tea, I'm sure, but that's not so good when I don't 'ave an oven such as to cook it with, seeing as how we don't have the money to pay the gas bill since they've cut us off.

So, dearie, sorry as how I aven't been around much. I'll stick around a bit more if you'll agree to summon me if you catches up with ol' Mildread. My calling name is Shurrupangerraaaartofit, dearie. Oh, and some bones for Festus would be nice too- I haven't 'ad time to go to the Wolfeden Asda to steal 'im some.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

No I havn't seen Mildred but here's a couple of bones for Festus in the meantime though!
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

Here are some bones! There from...hmm I think theyre Ross's bones....dont ask how I got them  :)
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Does anyone get funny little characters/messages come up sometimes when trying to view the pages on this forum?I get them sometimes more often lately which also the page that I am trying to view doesn't finish loading or load properly.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Does anyone get funny little characters/messages come up sometimes when trying to view the pages on this forum?I get them sometimes more often lately which also the page that I am trying to view doesn't finish loading or load properly.
The CGI Timeout error, or whatever is, is so well known to me now that I'm thinking of inviting it to a little private soiree in our family wellway room, dearie.