Knightmare Chat experiences

Any feedback, questions or ideas for this forum and website.
AriadnesLayer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Knightmare Chat experiences

Post by AriadnesLayer »

Tried to join Knightmare live chats a few times over the past 2 decades.... it always felt extremely cliquey, not much interest in talking about KM, mostly group in-jokes and references to unrelated clique stuff.
Mashibinbin
Staff
Staff

Re: Discord Server

Post by Mashibinbin »

In chat you can always talk about whatever you want and we're more than welcome to discuss Knitghtmare but when it's just the same people there's only so many times you can same the same things so we'd appreciate your fresh perspective, feel free to give it another try :)

In jokes just come with many of us being more involved in projects outside of the site which again in future you'd be more than welcome to partake in such as Notmare, the Hunts etc when the opportunities arise again.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Knightmare Chat experiences

Post by Drassil »

I've moved the above two posts from the Discord server topic to a new topic, to avoid confusion between Paul Flannery's recently created Discord and our own longstanding chatroom.

Thanks for sharing your experience, Ariadne's Layer. Without knowing exactly who you encountered in the chatroom and what they said, it's difficult to either validate or invalidate your personal experience, but I do want to acknowledge it.

On my first visit to Knightmare Chat, I was treated with suspicion and largely ignored. I felt so unwelcome that I didn't go back for three years. My second visit was a much better experience and I started going more regularly.

'Extremely cliquey' is a subjective term. A lot of the chatroom regulars are Knightmare community members who have known each other for many years and become offline friends, so a shared history is inevitable, including shared interests beyond Knightmare.

If Picklemyfav is reading this, hopefully she will confirm that although she hasn't met any of us in person, she finds the chatroom a comfortable and welcoming place to be.

I personally enjoy seeing new names and old names in the chatroom - it really is a case of the more the merrier - and am always happy for Knightmare to be our main topic of conversation, as long as that is mutual.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

It's tricky. When there are long stretches with nobody new, it does become a bit cliquey. Over the recent weeks, we've had a bit of an influx of people (over 12 tonight), which helps break the cliques up a bit.
AriadnesLayer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by AriadnesLayer »

Drassil wrote: 20 Sep 2020, 12:56 'Extremely cliquey' is a subjective term.
Like you said yourself at the start of your reply, it was my personal experience. The term I used is subjective because that's exactly what I was giving, my subjective experience.

It wasn't a criticism just honestly how I felt and I wasn't intending to make anyone feel bad, just providing feedback. :D
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Incidentally, thanks to all of the oldies (and newbies) who have surfaced in recent weeks in Knightmare Chat. This Sunday was the...second? third? week in a row we've had over 15 people in chat.