another music topic

Other shows or games that remind you of Knightmare but aren't official derivatives.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

another music topic

Post by Purgatory »

Just another topic on music with knightmare kinda feel to it, comes to mind Dead can dance, i dont know how many of u remember them but they did that hole Gothic, Medieval, Magic kinda sound. or im just crazy and trying to work something to one another  
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
123Pooka
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

A Knightmaresque band

Post by 123Pooka »

Listening to this band's music reminds me of knightmare and could even have been a part of it in some way.
Anyone know of a group called Marillion?
I couldn't help but think how much some of Marillion's early music reminds me of earlier series of knightmare, not just because of the whole 80s ethos (you know that synthy sound). Some of Rothery's guitar solos could have really gone well with credits, certain scenes etc. Anyone else ever have this thought? Or any other music that could have been in knightmare.

If you don't know of Marillion, listen to the instrumentals in jigsaw and script for a jester's tear - the whole prog rock thing could have suited knightmare perfectly and vice-versa! Although the knightmare music was perfect as it was this was just a thought.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back. Oooh nasty, didn't realise the road ended there!
WayneW
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:A Knightmaresque band

Post by WayneW »

I'm a pretty big Marillion fan. They are a very unique band to say the least, especially in the way they promote themselves. True passion for what they do, can't really say I have ever associated them with Knightmare though. I would say bands like Blackmore's Knight could fit into the Knightmare-esque category, being dark and somewhat fictional.
Ironlord
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:A Knightmaresque band

Post by Ironlord »

(This is what I get for not looking here since the last Eye Shield... how'd this thread pass me by?)

Ridolfo should audition for Blackmore's Night.

He'd only last a couple of minutes before Richie Blackmore threw him out, just like he did with everyone who was ever in Rainbow, but it'd be worth a try anyway... heh.
I am Granitas of legend. MY NAME IS NOT AMUSING!
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: another music topic

Post by JamesA »

My personal recommendation is Nox Arcana:

http://www.myspace.com/noxarcana

A lot of their music is darkly gothic and would have been very suitable to Knightmare.
Redthir
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Redthir »

Some Blind Guardian ballads would fit Knightmare Season 5 onwards (I always think Ridolfo should play them).

I always think Wardruna would fit the forest scene in Season 4 very well.
DarkComet
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DarkComet »

The Portal 2 soundtrack has always given me a very strong later season KM vibe, specifically Marblehead. It's the fusion of electronic and orchestral that makes it perfect technosorcery music.

There's a specific track that is perfect for a winning quest's final showdown and subsequent escape from Lord Fear, called The Part Where He Kills You. Listen and, at 1:13, try to imagine grabbing a quest object and running like hell.
The Dunshelm Players
Audios plays and commentaries with a Knightmare flavour

The neighing and braying of farmyard animals follows