The Fish

Other shows or games that remind you of Knightmare but aren't official derivatives.
Trial_by_Spikes
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

The Fish

Post by Trial_by_Spikes »

Nic. Please. I'll. Do. Anything. Just one picture of the fish that presented Virtually impossible. Please. Life would be complete.
Oh look there's J.G. Ballard in a burnt-out fridge with a spitfire pilot.
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: The Fish

Post by Debz_g »

Okay, I may be a big Knightmare fan, but I do not at all remember Virtually Impossible. I know this was another TC production, but to be honest I dont think I have seen any pics or footage of this show.
As for a fish presenter...the mind boggles. However the only fish presenter I can think of is the fish from Karaeoke (Yes I cant spell) Fish Tank, which was also done by TC and Co.
Btw, this is not really KM related (Sorry Nic! ;) ) But does anyone have any episodes of Time Busters on tape who are willing to trade for summat? I remember watching it after sleepovers on a sunday morning and loved it, but it never occurred to me to tape it. So if anyone could please help me out, I would be forever in your debt!!  :)
"You think maybe a girl can't do this? Ha!! Like camel I spit on you!!"
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

The fish that presented Virtually Impossible was a computer-generated blue monstrosity with boggly eyes. He was only ever shown on a computer monitor during the programme, and his name was Codsby.

I thought the programme was quite good when it was on, but that was during my bad taste period (I mean, I used to watch the Sonic cartoon).
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Okay, here's a scan of the Virtually Impossible feature from the Anglia TV history book: http://www.knightmare.v-2-1.net/pad/vp.jpg

That was sent to me by someone at Anglia quite a while back.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

Good grief, I'd forgotten just how hideous he looked.

Bit of a Lord Fear-inspired helmet there, if you ask me.
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

It's a shame it didn't take off. The trouble was that the technology wasn't ready for it.
Subject to change.
Trial_by_Spikes
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Many thanks Nic. Great to see the fish again but it looks nothing like I remember it. I have the memory of a fish evidently. Crazy stuff. Just seems so odd to find that you'd completely thought something was different. I'd thought the fish had looked a little slimmer and a little whiter. Madness.

PS Wong - you allude to a "bad taste period". Given your frequent mentions of your passion for German Death-Metal, am I right in thinking that this period is still in continuation?
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

Bah. It's not German death-metal, it's German power-metal - a completely inappropriate genre name, as most of it is happy and melodic. Have a listen to the first track on Iron Savior's latest album, it's about 3.5MB:

http://www.noiserecords.com/downloads/I ... r_Time.mp3

Now, you might still think I'm in a 'bad taste' period after listening, but so far everyone I've given the link to has loved it. <¦-)
Trial_by_Spikes
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Hmmmmmmm ... I do still think you may be in that "bad taste" period. But I'm sure you'll grow out of it.
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

No, it's too late for me. Save yourself!
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

i think both 'power metel' (no different then doom metal) and Virtually impossible were crap.

Bring back Time busters  :D and real rock music  ;D
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

What exactly is doom metal? And you're right about VI.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

I don't rmemeber this at all! Didi it last long? Even the picture didn't ring any bells!
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

I think it was only one series. I might have a couple of episodes on video, not sure about that though.
Gerz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gerz »

I only ever watched one episode of that 'program' (torture ::)) Did it improve? I am guessing not
I Love Goblins