Call for Knightmare to return

Other shows or games that remind you of Knightmare but aren't official derivatives.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Call for Knightmare to return

Post by Mystara »

If that pilot was to be do you reckon we'd be turned to for advice?
I think it's highly unlikely.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Fairplay. Had a feeling that was a long shot idea. I just thought a community would serve a strong service to the plan :)
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Maybe the best thing to use a pilot is the original show itself.

Thing that annoyed me the most with the Geek week were some of the camera shots, kept showing the advisors reactions to things but not showing the viewer what on earth was going on in the room. lol

But the added wall monster and puzzle room certainly added a lot to the original released footage, made it feel more like a proper adventure. It's a pity they had to cut it down to 20 minutes or so, a real shame they didn't do it as a two part thing instead, would have been truer to the spirit of the show.

Oh well, we can only look onwards.
It's out of our hands really.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

wombstar wrote:Maybe the best thing to use a pilot is the original show itself.
Well, no, because the networks don't want Knightmare. They're all well aware of what Knightmare is/was and they don't want it. They want something new.

And as I've said before, they're not interested in children's game/adventure shows.

So a new pilot is needed, with adults.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Mystara has a point. Kids are into adult programmes so having the adults doing this would be a big advance. Who knows, maybe Barry might kick Lord Fears backside for a second time XD
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Maybe the time will eventually come, I guess it all depends what the current fashion is. I am a bit surprised at no network is interested considering how unique and different KM is to what's in the market now, but then it's a risk I guess and media people don't tend to take risks.

Oh well, more reality tv, cooking shows, antiques, property programs and Gardening it is then ;)

Perhaps a show with adults will appeal to a wider audience.... OR there's no reason it couldn't be mixed? (a team of both)

If they want something new than I can't see KM having any future, even with adults it's still the same sort of thing, and changing it anymore it becomes a completely different show altogether. As I keep saying, nobody really knows what the future will hold.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

On the whole, the Geek Week episode was well received. It has about a 98.3% approval rating, last time I bothered to check.

And of course, the recut version is far better.

So I think an adult version would be fine.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Fingers crossed.

What I do like with the possibility of an adult show is the potential for harder puzzles, not that they were ever easy mind you. 8)
stockholmsyndrome
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by stockholmsyndrome »

I think Hugo and Mark reprising their roles 25 years on, streamed on a remote corner of the internet, would be a sad parody of Knightmare's hay day, when Millions of Kids tuned in. Something influenced by Knightmare, but clearly set apart and new from the original would be safest.

Anyways the David Rowe book on the way, convention, challenge tv repeats, geek week and Knightmare live rolling until Nov, a noble victory at sea for this website and a great achievement.