Knightmare on DVD - any news?

How might you change Knightmare if a new series were to be made?
sammy22
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:Knightmare on DVD - any news?

Post by sammy22 »

True, Like I said it's a shame ??? :'(
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Incidentally, the sentence in the FAQ which most catches my eye is: 'If you do not agree with another member's viewpoint, please remain polite about it.'

The dream of a world where DVD copying is entirely legal is a powerful one, and there will always be people who cling to that. Especially in this community, where (as has been pointed out) not all fans own all the episodes, not all fans have seen all the episodes, and some fans don't own any episodes. People want Knightmare, and rightly so! So I say, if people want to dream, let them! After all, though Knightmare may be partly about rules and confines, it is far more concerned with illusion and fantasy.

Just as long as forum members remember, whatever side of the fence they're on (or even if they're sitting on it) regarding DVD copying, that we're all ultimately the same: Knightmare fans who want a firm future for the treasured series.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
sammy22
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by sammy22 »

Well said Drassil, completely agree with your sentiments. 8)
P*ssCloud
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by P*ssCloud »

Gathering different footage together we could produce a box set dvd ourselves using the "pooled footage" of different people. The dvd box sets could then be distributed.

Thoughts anyone?
Who has the tapes for the behind the scenes peices and the outside interviews? The can be no harm in DVD'ing these up, surely?
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

I would just like to clairify the policy on discussion of Knightmare DVDs/Videos/Tape Trading on this forum, following a few recent enquries.
  • Discussion of ideas for a potential release is fine.
  • Specific Tape Trading/Selling is not permitted.
  • Visitors looking for videos may contact individual members via Instant Message only.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

:'(No chance, I'm afraid. I asked ITV and they said they had no records of Knightmare because it was older than 10 years.
AKA Ross 'Raven's Eye' Thompson
Knightmare Audio Series
KFan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by KFan »

Shame.. I know that AngliaTV kept all the series in their archive, but who knows if they still do since the re-formatting of ITV and it's regions being scaled down.
Naitch
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Any Knews On A DVD Release?

Post by Naitch »

Hello!

I just wondered if there was any up date on a DVD release of Knightmare?

Or indeed if there was anything happening Knightmare-wise soon?

We've only got two or three weeks untill the 20th anniversary so I just wanted to know if anyone had any info?
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Any Knews On A DVD Release?

Post by HStorm »

None. There'd be announcements on here, on knightmare.com and on a few other KM sites, if there were any DVD developments. As far as I can see, there's practically no chance of it happening any time soon.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Naitch
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Any Knews On A DVD Release?

Post by Naitch »

Maybe wishful thinking on my part.

I hope SOMETHING happens though!

If not this year, we could do all we can to get a DVD released for the 25th, but after that, would there really be a point anymore.

I really do hope something happens though...