Knightmare VR now has it's own article on Wikipedia.

A place to discuss Knightmare-VR, a planned revivial of Knightmare
BBrooks
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Knightmare VR now has it's own article on Wikipedia.

Post by BBrooks »

I've just recently created this article for the pilot of "Knightmare VR" on Wikipedia. I felt it's about time that it got more of a worthy mention, rather than it just being the one paragraph. I hope you like it. I also gave "Timegate" and the "Something Stirs" news a mention too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knightmare_VR_(pilot)

(Okay there seems to be a little problem with the link, where it says "Did you mean : Knightmare VR (pilot)" click on that and you'll be directed to the article).
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Knightmare VR now has it's own article on Wikipedia.

Post by KaM »

Hi again, BBrooks. Many thanks for this.

I hope you don't mind that I've tweaked your comment ever so slightly so that your link is valid. The closing bracket was excluded from the link; adding the hyperlink code fixed that. :)

A few little suggestions I would make, which you may wish to heed or ignore. All in the best interest!
  • 1. Is Knightmare VR not the concept/format for which the pilot was made, rather than just 'the unsuccessful pilot' in itself? Could be argued either way, I'm sure.

2. Overview: Lissard is voiced by Nick Collett, as credited by Tim Child here [perhaps full credits should be included; I'll add these to Something New as well. Thanks for the indirect prompt ;) ]

3. TimeGate: Was it simply 'an adult version of Knightmare'? Again, the player appears fully sighted, and the fantasy concept is quite different. Also, on the chronology: did Televirtual ever work on both simultaneously, as you suggest? The TimeGate pilot came out before KMVR was announced, I think, and TimeGate did seem to go on the backburner. Surely, though, I would have thought that the technological developments (which you highlight really well) have some overlap.

4. A few minor punctuation blips in the 'TimeGate' and 'Origins' sections. Also, is it possible to attach the reference-footnotes to relevant parts of the text, rather than having them as isolated endnotes? I think they will receive more through-clicks that way, which will help the site 8)
I write these suggestions as encouragement on a brilliant resource you are producing there. It's an excellent complement to the positive spin we've been trying to put on the treatment of Knightmare in the 2000s. Is it possible now to link the small section on KMVR in the large article to your extended one? Perhaps Billy might be able to help there, and it will hopefully bring some warranted attention to your efforts.

I'm hoping to make an update in the next few day or two, but just in case it's important for your piece, the trailer for TimeGate now has a dedicated page with the clip attached.

Stirling Work, Squire! 8)
BBrooks
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by BBrooks »

Thanks KaM. I really appreciate the positive review you gave.

I've taken your comments and suggestions on board and I've;

1. Now got rid of the "unsuccessful pilot" line and added "concept/format" which reads better.

2. Nick Collett and Louise Milford have now been added to the cast list, also I've added Tim Child voicing "Garstang" and "The Ogre".

3. Thanks for giving me the information on "Timegate", that's been corrected and I've now added a link to the Trailer on this website.

4. The reference-footnotes have now been added to the relevant parts.

By the way I tried to create a link to my article, on the large KM one but I was stopped and given a warning by Wikipedia, I don't know why that happened.

Anyway, I'm glad you liked it.
BBrooks
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by BBrooks »

Just to report my article has now been deleted by Wikipedia >:( , I'm gutted to say the least. The reason for this was said to be "Blatant Advertising", which I can't understand because I didn't blatantly advertise this site or anything else at all. I merely highlighted that the info I got for the article was from here, I did create an external link to knightmare.com but everyone does that for Wikipedia articles.

But that's just how it is I suppose, anyhow I'm glad that some of you (especially KaM) liked it during it's short existence. :)
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

I don't know about blatant advertising, but in truth, I did question whether it was really necessary for KMVR to have its own separate entry. KMVR was just an episode of Knightmare, albeit with modified gameplay, so it really just needed a few paragraphs in the main KM entry.

With this in mind, it might be an idea to use some of the material you posted to expand the KMVR details in the main entry. That way you can keep what you wrote in the public domain, but without making it look like 'over-resourcing' (for want of a better term).
BBrooks
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by BBrooks »

I finally got round to fleshing out the KMVR section on the main KM entry on Wikipedia. So instead of making an article, I've just expanded that section. Here's hoping it doesn't get deleted this time.
You can view it by clicking the link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knightmare#Knightmare_VR
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

Great! Well done on persevering with this. I thought it was decidedly poor on Wikipedia's part to censor this. I've seen so many menial, ephemeral entries over the years that I wonder how they dare remove something that is submitted with care and attention.

Again, all I would suggest for this is that the KMVR cast get credited (as the original Knightmare cast is one of the main features of the page). Just copy and paste from the bottom of Something New for your nicely crafted section. Skål!