New KM on Challenge Schedule

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

New KM on Challenge Schedule

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Okay, from Monday 10th, it looks like we have episodes on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 10am and 7pm, NOT 6pm as previously.

That's what the announcer said tonight, and it's what Sky Digiguide says too. Challenge haven't updated their website schedule yet, by the looks of things.

Sorry Illusion. I hate to keep having to bring you all these things to change.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: New KM on Challenge Schedule

Post by Malefact »

Hmm. I wonder why this has happened.
Subject to change.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

I think the trouble is partly that on all weekdays, not just Mon/Weds/Fri, they just have too many badly rating shows as the evening wears on. Robotica has suddenly disappeared- I seem to remember it being on in the evening. I guess it rated so badly they needed to replace it. Hence they ended up with You Bet at 7pm five times a week, despite the fact that in the same slot You Bet used to rate pretty terribly. When they had it there while KM Series 4 was on, it was only attracting around 20,000 viewers so they dumped it. They also still have Celebrity TV Bloopers which I guess they picked up because it was dirt cheap, and Guinness World Records, which is probably not rating terribly but certainly won't set the BARB computers on fire. So they needed to find more shows to rate well consistently, so they turned to Takeshi's Castle. Takeshi's is still drawing excellent ratings for Challenge, and despite the original plan to not overexpose it, they've decided to put it on every night- partly to capitalise now on the fact it rates so well, and partly because other shows are rating badly. If they put TC in every night, they can get rid of a few showings of You Bet.

I actually don't think it's a terrible move for KM. Since the 12.55am showing was removed due to poor forethought, all those people who can't get home for the 6pm episode miss out completely. Moving it to 7pm hopefully changes that, and it also means it's no longer up against Doctor Who on UK Gold proper, which I guess appeals to a lot of the same people who would otherwise watch KM (yes, I realise it'll be at the same time as the repeat, but I doubt that draws as many viewers). Still, it's a pity it wasn't like this from the start, and that Challenge have to keep changing things because other shows that were predictably not great raters need to be replaced. So all the adverts saying KM at 6pm, Gamesmaster at 6.30pm are all out of date. Plus, of course, the fact that continually changing the schedule annoys people.

Ho hum. I hope now this changing is finished.  
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 07 Nov 2003, 21:18, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

...And what did I say on a certain other thread? Seems like I was right there though! 7pm will suitr me a lot better though, that is if our Sky has not been removed before then though. I just hope that I can still see the remainder of this series though!
Last edited by MoanaLiza on 07 Nov 2003, 22:45, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Fiddle e-dee... >:(

Still, a 7pm slot means more prime time opportunity for more viewers to see it. Could simply be that Challenge thought, "This KM programme is really popular, move it to an A-grade time for maximum viewing figures."

I think that's the way it works.
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
Brangwen
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Brangwen »

Knightmare? 7pm? Oh God NO!!

My brother wants to watch something else then, oh, hopefully I can pursuade him to let me watch it.
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

I have a feeling this may frustrate some people as it still says on Challenge's website for the TV schuedles that Knightmare is on at 6PM but I think the time change will help Knightmare gain more viewers, lets not forget that most people finish work on a normal work day anytime between 5-6PM so by the time any knightmare addicts get home, they have missed it but now this 7PM showing means they should get back in plenty of time to watch it. Also 7PM is considered Prime Time for any TV channel so this is perfect.
Luckly I watch the 10AM showings so this doesnt really affect me, but before I could never watch the 6PM showings as I finished work at 6.30PM so in effect, the 7PM showing does help me a lot now if I happen to somehow miss the 10AM showings.
My brother wants to watch something else then, oh, hopefully I can pursuade him to let me watch it.
And dont tell me, the programme he wants to watch is also on Sky??Humn, this is tricky??Can you not watch the 10AM showing??My Advice bung him a fiver and tell him he can go a rent out a DVD/video so he wont pester you for the night, or you could always lock him in the closet/attic for 30 mins when its on
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

..and what else does he want to watch then? I have a staff meeting at work tomorrow so tomorrow is definately a no show for my though! I reacon I'll get to watch the rest of the weeks 7pm showings though as it does not interfere with work and travelling for me though. Thankfully no one else watches anything else at that time as we usually find that there's nothing much of interest to us on at that time anyway!
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Thanks for changing the times on the website again, Illusion.
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

How about updating the rest of the website?bThe news sections? The latest issue of TES!

Yours insincerely,

Ungrateful so and so.

;D
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

According to JamesP on the Challenge Forum:

From Monday, KM Series 5 will be repeated every weeknight at 7pm, with a repeat at 1.15/1.30am.

I hope this allows those people who have missed some episodes because of previous schedule changes to see them, and also allow those who just want to watch it again to do so! :D
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

It's nice that JamesP still answers queries, even when at times he has to face a lot of tommyrot.

Not that any of it comes from KM board posters who are also posting there...

I'm 'Games_Master' there, in case you have wondered. And you probably didn't.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

As long as your not that Imarealidiot idiot, the waste of space and you definately deb03 as that's me. Be a bit strange if you are though :o. I had been posting asking what was on between the s5 showing which has just finished and the next showing, but I did not realise that it's only just under a week away til 1st December and so I thought that it was a few weeks away until the next s5 repeat where it's only just one. Sorry to any one especially Emii if I seemed a bit badgering as but the end of this year and next month has gotten ahead of me. It will probably be late January early February before I relise it's the new year.

I wonder if they will keep the slots though or keep changing them like last time. Will they keep the 1.15/1.30am showing or ditch that after about two or three eps though due to it not getting hardly any viewings.
Last edited by MoanaLiza on 25 Nov 2003, 22:47, edited 1 time in total.
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Don't forget the "I can only use caps and stay on one topic, refusing to read any replies", the king spammer him/herself, Scott901, or SCOTT901.

Honestly, he's like an unfunny version of Sir Hugh De Witless, permamently transfixed by one thing.

But anyway.

I can't see what programmes would get that big viewing figures at 1:15/1:30am. Challenge should know that if they show the same programme 3 times a day the figures will dilute a bit..
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Honestly, he's like an unfunny version of Sir Hugh De Witless, permamently transfixed by one thing.

But anyway.
*snerk* I love the offhand way you say that...
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"