Another short fanfic: A Royal Romance

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Another short fanfic: A Royal Romance

Post by Canadanne »

I seem to be in a writey mood. One more based on Top Trumps (a little more light-hearted than the other fic):
http://www.canadanne.co.uk/writing/km_royal/
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Another short fanfic: A Royal Romance

Post by Drassil »

Good to see new Knightmare fanfiction from you. The dialogue is entertaining and I especially like how your retcon unites different scenes from across the Knightmare series, and of course the Top Trumps - which, for those who don't know, were published in Issue 3.1 and Issue 3.2 of The Quest. Thank you again to Myatt a.k.a. Matt for scanning every page of The Quest for us.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Endless thanks to Matt! So great to finally have access to all this stuff.
And thanks for reading / commenting. :)
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

This has unexpectedly spawned a follow-up!
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Another short fanfic: Hammered

Post by Drassil »

Canadanne wrote: 15 May 2021, 23:53 This has unexpectedly spawned a follow-up!
I found lots to enjoy here, but my favourite detail is the Knightmare gamebook reference 'virid hue'.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Drassil wrote: 28 May 2021, 18:56 I found lots to enjoy here, but my favourite detail is the Knightmare gamebook reference 'virid hue'.
Ha, I didn't even realise that phrase was used in the gamebooks - I was just trying not to say "green" too many times in the same paragraph! Cool to discover it also works as an accidental reference, though...
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

I'm glad I worded my post as I did, otherwise it might have seemed overly cryptic.

In The Quest For The Dragons Egg (a.k.a. the gamebook section of The Forbidden Gate, the fifth Knightmare book), Motley recites a rhyme about islanders with 'xanthous gaze' or 'eyes of virid hue' who the player may encounter later on. You have written in the Interactive Knightmare Lexicon about other aspects of this gamebook, so perhaps you had 'virid hue' in your head without realising.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Drassil wrote: 30 May 2021, 12:29 In The Quest For The Dragons Egg (a.k.a. the gamebook section of The Forbidden Gate, the fifth Knightmare book), Motley recites a rhyme about islanders with 'xanthous gaze' or 'eyes of virid hue' who the player may encounter later on. You have written in the Interactive Knightmare Lexicon about other aspects of this gamebook, so perhaps you had 'virid hue' in your head without realising.
Oh yeaahhh, I remember that now you mention it. The word choice in the fanfic really was coincidental (I considered a whole bunch of synonyms before settling on "virid"), but that's probably why it sounded so right to me!