Knightmare Challenge!

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Knightmare Challenge!

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Oh, I should admit... Oh, never mind.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Arcengal
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Arcengal »

You should admit that the creator sent you an e-mail telling you what to do.

Yeah, well, he sent me one too. I felt the final encounter was a bit anticlimatic, but what can you expect from a txt based adventure?

Great fun all round.
4 line sigs yada yada yada
Dan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Dan »

Yeah, well, he sent me one too. I felt the final encounter was a bit anticlimatic, but what can you expect from a txt based adventure?

Great fun all round.

Well, if that's the only way to "win"...

I think I preferred the first one in a way; if you're going to force people to redo vast sections and take different paths you either have to make SURE the outcome is different in each case (and it certainly isn't - there's at least two paths through that end up with the same end guy) or you just end up frustrating your players. ;-)

Not enough clues as to what to do to get it right, I'm afraid, from my point of view (although I haven't found the Morghana ending, so I don't know what "clues" she gives).  I liked it, up to a point, but then it just got annoying.  And the most annoying thing of all is that I would like to see how it /does/ end, but I lack the time and patience to mindlessly click through all the options for an eleventh/twelfth/thirteenth etc. time to find out ;-)

I don't mean to sound discouraging - it's fun and I enjoyed playing it, but I don't do endless repetition ;-)  Learn javascript or, better still, a scripting language such as PHP or Perl :-)  Don't stop making these challenges, but _please_ make them beatable with logic and guile, rather than just having to exhaust possibilities.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

No, in fact he didn't. Nobody told me the solution. I wasn't one of the people to ask for it.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Aldude
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Aldude »

Congratulations for solving it by yourself.  You should be very proud.  as for Dan, thanks for the critism, i'm glad you spoke your honest mind.  i appreciate that more than people lying :)
I do admit the repetition is.....repetitive, but one day, when i DO get round to making Knightmare III, i will try and randomise.  Do also remember that Knightmare I was based on the book.  Knightmare II is all completely my own work, and i expect the odd flaws :)

Ali :)
Sidestep to the left....
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Rats! I've just completed it, but at the same time I haven't! You may or may not know what I mean, but in any case: Ali, you're evil!  ;D
Last edited by Malefact on 05 Mar 2003, 20:14, edited 1 time in total.
Subject to change.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

I'm still farting around in level two, dammit!
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
DerbyGem
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by DerbyGem »

I've completed it about 7 times but got 3 different endings (one of them 4 times  :o) and I still haven't found that Talismen!

Can someone post a walkthrough pleeeaaasssseeee  :)
"There's nothing more terrifying than adolescent humanity"
Arcengal
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Arcengal »

Without spoiling it completely, read ALL the rules at the start and, whereever possible, follow them.

There will be one occurance where you cannot though, otherwise it's nasty.

Then it's a question of character.

(I sound like freakin' Merlin!)
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

"Knightmare II: The Dark Talisman" game

Post by Pooka »

Right, well, I like the game, and all, it's actually very well put together, but I can't get past the bit with Owen. I give him the dragonmints and then in the next room... get captured. Eh? Is there something I'm missing here? Meh.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: "Knightmare II: The Dark Talisman" g

I don't remember having precisely that problem. Have you tried going back and doing something different?
DerbyGem
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: "Knightmare II: The Dark Talisman&

Post by DerbyGem »

I still haven't completed the game.  I try and change the path I take every time I play it, but I keep getting 3 "endings" but not the proper one - I can't find the talisman *sob*

(Good game though - very well done!  8) )
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

I hate the damn thing. I'm sorry to say, yet again, that i am STILL farting around in level two!!!!
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Arcengal
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Arcengal »

For the dragonmints problem, take the dragonmints and the dagger. Give Velda the dagger before hand, and she'll give you a CAGE spell. Give Owen the dragonmints, then in the next room (where you got captured) you'll use CAGE to escape being captured.

I'll give you a clue. Right is right. That's your clue to find the Talisman.
DerbyGem
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: "Knightmare II: The Dark Talisman&

Post by DerbyGem »

I normally get lost on the spindizzys and the A,B,C / X,Y,Z doors  :)