The Dunshelm Players: Famous For Retreating

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:COMING SOON FROM FREEBIEVILLE...

Post by HStorm »

Fidjit wrote: Could this possibly be a step toward a Knightmare Return do you think?
Um, nice to dream I guess, but I very much doubt it.
Keep up the good work fellas :)
We'll do our best!
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:COMING SOON FROM FREEBIEVILLE...

Post by Fidjit »

I reckon we KMDF members can bring it back. You can be Treguard old son! (Obviously I'd be Fidjit)

The teams would represent their schools, it would also educate kids these days. Just like it worked for us it can work for them. There is a lot of corruption in kids these days...
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: The Dunshelm Players: Famous For Retreating

Post by HStorm »

Sorry to bump an ancient thread, but TDP have a little curiosity available for anyone curious about our earliest play.

Back when the script for Famous For Retreating was still in development in 2004/5 (oh man, was it really that long ago?!?) one of the scenes rather sadly ended up having to be cut out altogether for reasons of time and story-pacing. The text for that scene went missing around the time the recording work was done.

However, Ricky Temple, the guy who wrote the scene, has discovered that he had the scene hidden away on his hard drive all this time, and has agreed to make the text available for everybody to read. If you'd like to read it, here it is; -

http://dunshelmplayers.wordpress.com/20 ... etreating/

(And yes, we do realise the scene needs redrafting; that goes without saying, as it was part of the very first draft of the script.)

Interesting aspects of this scene, had it been retained, are that it would have meant Motley making his debut on TDP right from the outset, instead of having to wait until Sidriss The Confused & The Philosopher's Sojourn in 2011, and there would have been a wall monster in audio plays many years before they were introduced to the medium in the Knightmare Audio Series.

Whether the scene should be considered 'canonical' is debatable, but as it is part of the project, it does merit being published.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

One of these days I would like to participate in a sketch or voice over of some kind. I personally think I do a good Fidjit and Skarkill voice. Excitement is not of an abundance where I come from so it'd be nice to do something for the community. Specially since I've now made a return in good form :)
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Next time we announce the start of a new project, just apply for one of the parts, and we'll see what we can do.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

That'll be awesome. I'll have to get some recording equipment if I'm allowed to partake :)
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Happy New Year, ladies, gents and technomancers.

As usual, we have a non-festive festive offering for you all this year. If you go to the Famous For Retreating page - https://dunshelmplayers.wordpress.com/d ... etreating/ - you will find it looks slightly different. The aforementioned 'Missing Scene' by Ricky Temple has been redrafted, extended, recorded, and mixed into a standalone (well, sort of) skitlet that you can all download.

It features me as Aeric/Lord F, Ross Thompson as Motley, and Amy Davies as Mellisandre (remember that Vivienne Traill performed her in the original play, so that might cause a touch of confusion). It further gives TDP debuts to the characters of Cedric, played by Martin Harder, Olaf, played by Ricky himself, and Golgarach, played by Jake Collins.

Please note that even if you've already read the text of the Missing Scene that was posted last summer, it was only a first draft, and the scene in its completed form is substantially different.

For the time being, we are taking no strict position on whether the scene should be considered 'canonical' or part of the AP continuity. It probably makes no difference either way, but in favour, it does offer possible explanations for why Cedric and Lillith disappeared after season two, as well as answering the long-running question of what effect the SHOVEL spell would have had.

Enjoy 2015. I mean, someone will have to.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

For some months now, all the Knightmare plays from the Players have been offline again, due to the server, Tindeck, going bust. Our first server, some of you might remember, offloaded us due to copyright trolls, so we've not had much luck with our hosts. >:( >:( >:(

But anyway, we have now secured a new sharing site, and all the plays are available once again. They can once more be downloaded from https://dunshelmplayers.wordpress.com/, and as ever, they are all absolutely free.

(If anybody finds that any of the links aren't working, please let us know in this thread and we will try and correct the problem.)
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

You know, I went looking for that literally a week ago. I thoroughly enjoyed Famous For Retreating and I wanted to listen to it again. Very good of you to upload it to another server HStorm, it's been a long time :)
TemporalDiscussion

Post by TemporalDiscussion »

We've also been putting out FFR as part of our podcast during the inter-season break. It's given me a good chance to re-listen to it, which is never a bad thing :)
Temporal Discussion: The episode-by-episode Knightmare retrospective podcast.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

I really rather enjoyed listening to it. FFR was a well written and carefully crafted audio book, the pacing is good and the characters are well portrayed. I loved it back then and I still love it even now