Shadow Of The Opposition - free KM gamebook download

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Shadow Of The Opposition - free KM gamebook download

Post by JamesA »

A little something I've been working on over the past month, a brand new Knightmare gamebook.

In "Knightmare - Shadow Of The Opposition" Lord Fear has rebuilt the Knightmare dungeon, causing Treguard to send YOU to be his dungeoneer in an attempt to stop the technomancer and his henchmen. Can you take on Lord Fear and his devious new challenges?

A pen/pencil, a piece of paper and a six sided die will be of aid as you go through the quest. The gamebook is available to download/print for free by clicking here.

Hope you enjoy it. Feedback and comments always welcome!
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Shadow Of The Opposition - free KM gamebook download

Post by JamesA »

Any thoughts so far? ;)
James Aukett
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Thank you for this. I like the political pun in the title, and how faithful your gamebook is to the style of the original Knightmare gamebooks. I will confess that when it comes to rolling a die, I sort of perhaps don't... though Dave Morris did once imply in an interview that he's OK with this, so I hope you are too. Given the date you released Shadow Of The Opposition, it's fitting that Snapper-Jack the fool taker is part of it.

Assuming that the Submit Article function hasn't yet been restored for non-moderators, would you be happy for me to post the pdf on the website? That way, more people will get to enjoy it.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Loved playing this!! Thanks for creating this James, good work. :)
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

James, I recently let Paul Flannery know about Shadow of the Opposition. I'm hoping he might use it (and the other fan-made gamebooks) for his Knightmare Live gamebook playthroughs, to add variety and also to avoid yet another doomed quest through The Labyrinths of Fear...

Happy Knightmare Day to everyone visiting the forum today: Knightmare's 33rd anniversary.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Thanks for that David. Much appreciated.

Many happy returns indeed. I was just happening to think this morning that today is Monday September 7th, which was the date when Knightmare was first shown 33 years ago (series 1 & 2 of course being shown on Monday afternoons instead of Fridays).
James Aukett