An old college project...

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

An old college project...

Post by Fidjit »

Hello there chaps,

Some of you may or may not remember, but seventeen odd years ago I did a project which revolved around "how-the-blue-screen-worked" in college. Since Knightmare, as we all know used such technology I decided to see how it was done and had fun doing it. As the years passed, I initially thought I had lost all the tapes and footage that I had made but just recently I dug them up after sifting through some of my personal artifacts in the loft. I couldn't believe my luck!

I had a professional convert them for me and I've uploaded a video of me giving a review of both the helmets in all their glory on YouTube. Here is the link if anyone is interested in anyway: https://youtu.be/6uO4tcX0oYc
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: An old college project...

Post by JamesA »

Great stuff. Thanks for uploading and sharing.

I remember when I was part of the Knightmare RPG filming many years ago and seeing the actual KM helmet that was used in the show for the very first time. I too was a bit surprised to learn that both helmets had been moulded around a hard hat!
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Oh absolutely. I think the bit that surprised me most of all about the original one was the fact it was made out of a soft material, I honestly thought it was going to fall apart in my hands. I don't know about you but at the time, holding them made me feel rather biblical. It was such a wonderful part of my college days, but equally a weird one too.
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Hi, Glenn. How have you been? Good to see you here again with another blast from the past. Thanks for plugging Knightmare.com at the end of your video. I found the original thread about your old college project: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=988

One thing about the Helmets of Justice which I don't think we've ever established is how many helmets there were, simultaneously and in total. There were certain scenes when we saw two helmets, such as Martin in the Scarab Room (Quest 11 of Series 3) and Sylvester Hands pretending to be a dungeoneer (Quest 4 of Series 5). We therefore don't know exactly which quests the 'college project' helmets appeared in.

The helmets enjoyed a homecoming of sorts when they appeared at the Knightmare Convention in Norwich's Epic Studios in 2014.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

There were at least two of the original one, because we saw them both simultaneously as you mention.
There were also at least two of the newer helmet - I have one and Tim has one. I believe that one of them was a modification of the other in order to support the VR headpiece.

However, I suspect there are more than that.