Video Production! Knightmare Documentary!

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Video Production! Knightmare Documentary!

Post by Fidjit »

God, now I need water! Good grief! And paracetomal! I used up loads on the KMRF... Trying to get over that...
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Glenn, try to treat these things as guidance rather than taking them personally and you won't have these problems. Trust me.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

If you'd met me face to face, HStorm, you'd know what I mean!
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Heh, I'll take your word for that, Glenn.   ;)  But what I'm saying is, when RMR or Emii tell you these things, they're trying to HELP you, not slag you off. Nod, smile and accept and there won't be a problem. And remember, everyone likes you really!   :D
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

*snerk* You think! Do you know what I've had to go through over the last year...
Last edited by Fidjit on 09 Mar 2004, 15:45, edited 1 time in total.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Some of it, yes. That's WHY people want to help you. But they can only do that if you accept their guidance in the right spirit.
Last edited by HStorm on 09 Mar 2004, 15:49, edited 1 time in total.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Let me tell you something...

It was the sixth day of March, last year. I was scouting through the Knightmare Website like usual when I came across a Forum. Now, some of the forums I've seen looked terrible, people were nasty, swearing, lashing out, I was worried I'd come across another. But I was wrong, I got to know everyone quickly, GG and Malefact were the highest of the class. And sure enough I had found a place where I can interact with anyone over the country and elsewhere, (like Snowwie for instance as she lives in Helsinki, Finland) my Mom was impressed by the polite ways on this forum and so was I. Then my life turned upside down, my Grandad got desperately ill by the day. The last time I ever saw him was the week before he passed on, we had a dinner with my great aunt and uncle as well as my Grandad and Nan. It was a fantastic evening. He died not only by the most horrible death you can think of but it also happened in the middle of my GCSE's. Since I had a lot to do I couldn't see his funeral. I never forgave myself... and not even the KMDF could help me out, no-one could. Everytime I do anything wrong I always feel let down. That's why I am this way...

The KMDF is the only way I can socialize as well as discuss, my lecturer thinks it will help me out. And what do I get, more hassle, I'm not trying to get my way, I lose it easily, and my grandad's death was an experience, one which hammered me into the ground... And one flaming question which came out a little wrongly resulted in a huge argument triggered by a certain Roleplay Elf!
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

There's no huge argument, Glenn, Emii was just making a point. Yes, I think you BOTH could've expressed yourselves a little better, but there won't be any harm done if you just keep your cool.

I'm really sorry about your grandfather. My Dad died about eighteen months ago, and if I hadn't been at the funeral I don't think I could have forgiven myself either, so I do understand.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

I know she was making a point! It was just a little harsh that I just made a tiny mistake... Alright!
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Yes that's fine, like I say, there's no huge argument.

And for what it's worth, Emii, I DO agree with Glenn that there are times when you can handle things differently too. Most important, you should learn not to lay down the law when it's unnecessary. Guidance was all that was needed here, not authority, but starting your post with "Motley, come on" sounded both hectoring and patronising.
Last edited by HStorm on 09 Mar 2004, 16:27, edited 1 time in total.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

I know what you're saying, HS, and I did say "I know this might sound like I'm being picky but..." cos I know some people dont like it. But I do believe Illusion does a lot for us and I don't like to see impoliteness or impending impoliteness towards him. The "come on, Motley" was to do with the fact that people have spoken to him about being polite more than once. It was asperation, if anything. But yes I could have phrased it a little better now that I look at it - A comparison between "can you put these on your site" and "I've sent you these so you can put them on your site if you want to" would probably have been better.

I do feel for you Motley, now that I know what has happened. I can't say I know how you feel, having never lost a loved one *touch wood*, but you know you are always welcome here, despite occasional gripes and stuff.

Note: I am NOT a 'certain Roleplay Elf'. I am Emii. I'm not keen on the term being used as a derogatory reference, thanks :)
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

What is that ye name?  ???
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Pardon?  :-[
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Whilst politeness is essential in a place like this (and, as Emii correctly says, we owe Illusion a hell of a lot), taking exception to every potentially misconstruing statement causes more harm than good, as is being demonstrated right now. If someone feels that, in their opinion, something has been said that might cause offence then maybe their views should be IMed - to save turning the thread in which it's contained into a blazing row.

I believe that Motley most certainly did NOT mean any offence. Look at the state of this thread, though. With the greatest of respect, Emii, lighten up.
Subject to change.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Okay TIME-OUT!

I agree more or less with what you're saying, Mal, especially about public rebukes, but I think we've all made our point now. I'm sure Glenn will understand once he's calmed down, he usually does, so let's just leave it for a bit, okay, before anyone else loses their temper.