Meet up?

A place to discuss public real-life meetups.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Meet up?

Post by Mystara »

Pooka wrote:Taking time off is also an issue, but it's not impossible... and if we do it over the weekend, it's much easier for those who might not be able to take much off - one Monday isn't too bad and most employers have a system for that (mine doesn't; if I don't go in I don't get paid, but still...).
I'm a bit confused as to why this issue keeps coming up.
Nobody has said that the social won't work because people will have to take time off.

The original concern was that in view of the fact that people will have to take Monday off and with nothing happening until Friday night, people will not take the Friday off and people will therefore arrive late on the Friday.

Having spoken to forester, this apparently isn't a problem. But the issue of people having to take time off has never arisen. Virtually every social we have ever done required people to take a day off.
Gundrada
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gundrada »

So, anyway, getting back to this, I know it's coming up to that horrid time of year when people go off on holiday and have fun times.

I think the sooner we get something in place, the better :)
Gundrada
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gundrada »

I am wondering why there is any point in discussing a KM Community meet ups on the KM.com forum, yet fail to tell the community about them?
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Sorry, my brain must be hazy, I can't quite follow you.

I don't understand how the community can be discussing a meetup and yet also require telling about that meetup.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

I think Gundrada means the KM community outside of the forum.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
FoxyLF
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by FoxyLF »

Facebook etc? There's lots of very enthusiastic people on there, but probably a very small percentage that would actually do anything as usual. It may be better to get a couple of options for dates/places before unleashing it on the thousands, give them something specific to talk about.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

FoxyLF wrote:Facebook etc? There's lots of very enthusiastic people on there, but probably a very small percentage that would actually do anything as usual.
Sounds about right ;)
In practice, only a proportion of the people who say they'll come will actually show up, too.
FoxyLF wrote: It may be better to get a couple of options for dates/places before unleashing it on the thousands, give them something specific to talk about.
As I said at the beginning, it needs someone to come forward and take responsibility for all of the organisation, including handling money/paying deposits/providing transportation etc.