Re:Channel 5

For all discussion and ideas for bringing back classic Knightmare.
WillsOfDoom
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WillsOfDoom »

One thing that Knightmare has that virtually no other programme has is that it always ends on a cliffhanger. It has a unique formula with which to snare a viewer.

Watchers always want to know what happens, and that was probably one of the main reasons people tuned into it to begin with.
I like my telly scary, and very dungeonish.
DazzaS
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by DazzaS »

cant have kinghtmare on channel 5 or 4. definatly the 6pm or 6.45 timeslot and give it either a full halve hour or fourty mintues. put it next to time commanders as that was a good show. Knightmare was definatly more scary int he sutumn months just before christmas. be like old times, except different.
Ooh, nasty!
Thequietone
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Thequietone »

I think it should return 2 ITV... ...But that's probably more impractical than Channel 5 :(
Latecomer to every interesting thread and hardly ever here, not really a forum person and not a good writer either, often misphrases or says totally the wrong thing..... forgive me people, I'm u
KMFAN
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by KMFAN »

Tim should try the BBC for a late Friday afternoon slot ASAP.

Why??

As soon as I heard about a Robin Hood series to be shown I immediately thought to myself KM has a chance at this time, cos if a series based on the early medieval era is going to be given a lengthy run it indicates the BBC moving away from modern day celebrity/reality drivel to more imaginative programmes. KM would fit this new strategy perfectly.
Last edited by KMFAN on 16 Oct 2006, 01:15, edited 1 time in total.
37Herbie
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by 37Herbie »

Would be a good idea, although depends how far ahead they have planned shcedules? KM after the Simpsons would be a good schedule maybe (have a cartoon on that kids would watch and followed straight into Knightmare). Without an advert break like it would have had on ITV it would only be about 20-25 minutes though (although 2 Episodes would be about 45 minutes so maybe 2 back to backs?)

Interesting idea though...... Also if back on BBC would give a better chance for a new series to be made :D
"Oh Dear, What a Pity, Never Mind"
tomyboy
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by tomyboy »

Channel 5 have taken off all their gameshows, whether they use premier rate phone calls or not, due to one slip-up on Brainteaser! That's not very fair!

How about ITV? After all, they are showing a one-off Tiswas and may be showing an adult Fun House!
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

BBC have Raven, now they have a fake Knightmare they don't need a real one.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Rich
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Re:Channel 5

Post by Rich »

Channel 5 can kiss my arse, I still haven't forgiven them for cancelling that Karaoke thing they had on Saturday nights in the late 90s, that and the advert breaks during Neighbours.
BBrooks
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by BBrooks »

Rich wrote:Channel 5 can kiss my arse, I still haven't forgiven them for cancelling that Karaoke thing they had on Saturday nights in the late 90s, that and the advert breaks during Neighbours.
Was that the show hosted by Suggs from Madness and had a bloke in a Monkey costume? I remember that. I can't forgive Channel 5 for killing off "Robot Wars" and also for not repeating "Fort Boyard".
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

The show in question Brooks, is "Night Fever". And whilst it may have been embroiled in controversy, can I just say....

....BRAINTEASER!
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Rich
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Rich »

I don't want Knightmare on C5, put it on a BBC Channel where there's no adverts.. Aussie soap Neighbours is now on C5 and is IMO ruined by advert breaks in the middle.. I don't want my perving at the gorgeous Jane "Rebecca" Hall to be broken by ad breaks!