Knightmare DVD Petition

For all discussion and ideas for bringing back classic Knightmare.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: KM Dvd petition

Post by Emii »

Thats kind of disappointing and rather impolite of them.  :(
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Mind you, since when have Granada done anything not mind-numbingly incompotent recently?

I'll just have to hope the good people of Challenge don't die of boredom at persistent pestering and get all the series, put them on DVD, make a packet and then decide to do a 'Best of Fun House' DVD too.

That'll bomb, though.  ;)
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I thought one point of DVDs was they could hold more footage? Why would you need that advantage when you're limited to the "Best of" Fun House? ;)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

But you have to admit, there were some cracking go-kart races...I cared not for the first half of the show with the tiresome gunge that was in the league of Mr Blobby...only the go-karts and the fun house itself were any good.

DVD Extras:

Remixed versions of the annoying theme tune.
An exclusive interview with Pat Sharp's Mullet.
That's it.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

... An exclusive interview with Pat Sharp's Mullet.
That's it.
That's if they can find it!

What about an interview with Melanie and Martina and a where are they now?
Last edited by MoanaLiza on 30 Jan 2004, 22:31, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Yes, the second half was always best. I didn't care much for the Go-Cartiness, but the actual Fun House part was great fun. To be honest, I can't even remember much of the first half, but that in itself probably tells a story as to how good it was.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

For the sake of it...

If any-one is THAT desperate for the F**-H**** Go-Karts, They were supplied and run by Knockhill racing circuit (east of Stirling, Central Scotland).

I'm told that they still have the original karts and use them for hire on the Karting circuit at the track.

http://www.knockhill.co.uk/

There a helluva site quicker than on TV as well (presumably the engines were restricted for Studio H+S)!!!!!

AJK
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Ah, yes, Knockhill..used by Touring Cars and British Superbikes, if I'm not mistaken.

The circuit is very twisty....would only use the Horsepower restricted go-karts on there.

Knockhill is a weeny bit far from Preston, however...
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

I note as of today, Granada Enterprises are now called ITV Sales as a result of the merger of Carlton and Granada to form ITV PLC.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Mutton dressed as lamb, perhaps? ;)

British TV is on a little rocky road, at the minute, isn't it? Ol' Lord Hutton causes an earthquake at the BBC, ITV still aren't getting the figures (financial or viewers) they want, Channel 4 is lost in a sea of Salons and unfunny rubber-mask 'comedians' (Note to Avid Merrion: Your show is not good. Please remove it.), and only five is quite cheerful. Sky has problems with its management 'dealings'...but I'll happily declare any of them to be champions of TV if they give a go-ahead to something KM-related and good.

I think I should be on the radio Times forum, here... :-[
Elita
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Elita »

Well, on the subject of DVDs and the petition I have both good and bad things to say, so I'll start with the bad: In general, online petitions are equivalent to p*ssing in the wind. The folk in charge just don't CARE.

However, I wouldn't give up hope of a DVD release. If Dogtanian and 80 Days Around The World With Willy Fog can be released on DVD and have enough demand for more volumes to be released, I'm sure people will realise they can milk some cash out of Knightmare. (And if they're going to release poorly animated 80's epics, I want Mysterious Cities Of Gold too dammit!)  
"Gentlemen! Please! You can fight like itsy bitsy babies later. Right now we have adult name-calling and mud-slinging to attend to."
- Dr. Nightmare, Attorney at Law
Avace
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Avace »

Mysterious Cities of Gold is available in French from amazon.fr.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Talking of Amazon there are a lot of the Knightmare books at

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/sea ... 18-7401422

and quite a few at

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/searc ... 48-9161454

it also has a link to the bringbackknightmare page as a sponsored link :).
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I think I heard something slightly positive today. I was just watching a programme off and on about inventions with Jeremy Clarkson on BBC2 and it was all about the television. The positive thing I heard on it was where he was talking about what could happen in the future. He said something about people probably being able to watch every single channel being broadcasted on the computer, whilst doing other things such as browsing the internet, word processing, etc. He also said that we will probably be able to watch every single programme that has been broadcasted ever. So if that becomes the case, we will all probably be able to watch every single ep and series of Knightmare and we wont have to purchase a video or dvd. But when will this happen though? Probably not for a few years although it could end up being sooner than we think though. How many other people saw the programme?
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

Sounds good, I was too busy watching Clare Short attempting to be a teacher!