Knightmare DVD Petition

For all discussion and ideas for bringing back classic Knightmare.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Knightmare DVD Petition

Post by MoanaLiza »

Yes. Hopefully it will continue to increase fairly steadily. Sign it, sign it.
Yes and sign it on behalf of all your friends and acquantances and even those ones you don't know!
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Yes and sign it on behalf of all your friends and acquantances and even those ones you don't know!
Nopesies. Methinks a smaller numbers of genuine signatures will be more persuasive. ;) If they might want to sign it, however, definitely encourage them to do so.
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 20 Jun 2003, 22:33, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

It was just a thought. You should never take me too serious though
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

I think most releases are on both VHS and DVD anyway. I tried to look at the past releases of Granada Enterprises to see their track record on this but they don't have that info on their website. Does anyone know how common are DVD only releases?
I looked in a few DVD/VHS review sites, and found all the releases were under the name of Granada Media rather than Granada Enterprises. Just about everything I found that they'd released on DVD was also released on VHS, although I couldn't find enough evidence to see whether one format was generally released first or whether they were released simultaneously in most cases.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I think that my brother used to work for Granada, but I'm not that sure. I will try and ask him next time I speak to him if I remember. Also if he did I will ask him if he knows about if DVD releases are very common. He also might have been working before they even had DVD's.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

The petition has 400 signatures. Our hardly nuclear family was slightly amused by the person who claims his occupation to be "Bum Tickler". With his ogre-ing work drying up what with the lack of kidsies and all, Grimwold- that's my hubbie, dearie- would be glad to know how he can get into this line of work. So, Mr. Bum Tickling person, if you're reading this, perhaps you'd care to give us a call on Brangwen's mobile number. We'd call you ourselves, but the Level 1 payphone seems to have been ransacked and, well, chewed, by some anonymous creature, although most likely a multi-headed quasi-canine of the electronically barking variety.

Seriously, let's try to sign it properly. :)
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 21 Jun 2003, 18:54, edited 1 time in total.
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

im thinking once the petition is downloaded and everything we should take out the stupid replys and simply inform granada of what we've done, maybe include those replies seperatly just incase they want a laugh. i mean, it's just pissed me off right now when i saw reply 396 or there abouts

P
P
P
P

was his name, city, age, occupation...etc.  it just brings the tone of the petition down.

also if i find any Mr.Micky Mouse i'll blow my top ;D
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

Hey all,

Yes, there were always likely to be some fabled Channel 4 comedians. It would be good to filter them out, and even good flippancy to send them to Granada as well! I'm about to send a nice e-mail to many folk about the petition, so hopefully that will bump numbers up by another 20/30.

Meh.. as the LEGEND Greg Rusedski said of the evilists who stole some of his personal belongings from his locker room while winning his semi-final yesterday said 'if they catch them, I'll put them in front of my best serves' - ooooooooooooh NASTY!!!!! Keep that feeling alive you disturbers of our petition - we'll ask him nicely to keep the serves going for longer!

KaM. ;)
Knightmarian. alphavillean. Marvellian.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

P
P
P
P

was his name, city, age, occupation...etc.  it just brings the tone of the petition down.
I think that they might've been trying to be funny. Maybe they did not want their identity known, but if that's the case then why didn't they hide it like others!
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

Isnt it just really frustrating when you take something seriously and other people don't.

HELLO! We're talking about a KNIGHTMARE DVD, we're talking about bringing KNIGHTMARE TO THE MASSES here, this isnt just a serious situation, THIS IS LIFE OR DEATH here!

OK, well I guess I'm just being a little OTT

I'm just so excited about Knightmare on DVD!

;D
Foxxy Roxxy
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I am just excited about being able to sit in comfort, at the front of my computer watching the DVD(s depending if it's one or a set), with no ads, no logo. Not saying that sitting on my sofa infront of the tele is not comfortable. I was just thinking that they could probably have the beginnings and endings to each episodes and mabe breaks in between, which they could possibly ad outtakes i.e. to the particular eps e.g. shop an ep then after the ending of that ep show out takes from that particular one or other features. Those are just ideas though! :) ;)
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

yeah, ive decided now that i'll definetly take the petition and remove the most annoying of the sign ups before sending it.

i'll keep a record of the numbers and posts that were jokey and at least send the numbers that i removed to granada along with the petition so they do still know how many serious signatures it got.
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

On a happier note, it's good to see our effort now among the 25 Biggest Petitions. :)

"Time and Space will pass us by and by
When we don't see eye to eye
I would have done anything
For happiness to bring..."
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 22 Jun 2003, 04:07, edited 1 time in total.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

8) almost 450, well on the way to 500. Soon hopefully it will reach 1000+ sigs 8)
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Yup, all abusive/silly petition signatures should be removed before it is sent. We had the same problem with previous petitions and it's a pain to remove them manually.
You're on the edge of a ledge...