Knightmare sound effects

Posts by cast, crew and contestants
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Knightmare sound effects

Post by Velda »

(Hopefully this is in the right section)

Does anyone else hear sound effects that were used in Knightmare being used in other TV programmes? Over the years, I've heard a sound clip of crows cawing (with a robin chirping soon after) being used a LOT and I immediately pick it up. In KM, it was often played when a dungeoneer entered a courtyard, or some other outside location. One of the other programmes I've heard that sound effect used in is Keeping Up Appearances! ;D
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Knightmare sound effects

Post by HStorm »

The wolf sound effect from series 4 has definitely been used in l-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-d-s of TV shows, and probably even a few movies as well, down the years. Stock sound effects are everywhere, they're usually cheap (or free), and so everyone buys the same one.
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

I'm sure I heard the wolf sound effect being used in the Who story "Survival" when the Cheetah People howled (I watched the DVD the other week). :)
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

A few from the archives (sadly quoting doesn't automatically include the link & date anymore):

http://www.knightmare.com/forum/viewtop ... =15#p33367:
Drassil wrote:the floating sword sound [was] also used in T-Bag...
I'm not so sure about this now, but one does remind me of the other. You can hear it in this T-Bag segment at 9:12 and judge for yourselves.

http://www.knightmare.com/forum/viewtop ... 102#p20763:
Velda wrote:Lol, the little audio sample of crows cawing and then a robin twittering that they used in Series 7 a lot is also used in a lot of outdoor scenes in other programmes! Every time I hear it, I point it out! ;D
Oh, and I'm sure I heard the sound effect for the Reach Wand recently...in Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway, it was!
http://www.knightmare.com/forum/viewtop ... =45#p29316:
Drassil wrote:
123Pooka wrote:As i've just been to the Tower of London, I kept imagining eyeshield sequences as I walked through archways and into different chambers. Some of which in fact would have made for good scenes in series 4 and 5!
Did you hear the Series 4 Crazed Heifer background music? When I was there in May [2004], it was playing in one of the exhibition rooms.
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

i think ur right about t bag when something dramatic happens it appears:)
hindleyite
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by hindleyite »

I've heard one of the bird sound effects from Season 4 (and maybe some of the others) in the original Age of Empires. Only noticed that this week, actually. Might not be the same clip, but it struck me as incredibly similar.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Velda wrote:I'm sure I heard the wolf sound effect being used in the Who story "Survival" when the Cheetah People howled (I watched the DVD the other week). :)
Seconded. We never actually saw the howling creatures of the Forest of Dunn, nor of The Crystal Maze's Medieval Zone, so who's to say they weren't Cheetah People too? ;) Perhaps this calls for a crossover about a deadly group of woodland sprites, headed by a catty genie and known as the Majida People. Perhaps not.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Didn't we see a wolf run past once, very briefly?
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

We might have, albeit in Dunkley Wood, leaving the Forest of Dunn's howling very much open to debate. ;)
Melusina
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Melusina »

During the scenes in Lil(l)ith's cavern I swear I can hear the sound of some of the computers in The Hitchhiker's Guideo to the Galaxy TV series.
"It'll look good in Ruislip"