Production and editing

Posts by cast, crew and contestants
Julius_Scaramonger
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Production and editing

Post by Julius_Scaramonger »

At what stage was the 'update' before each episode filmed and also am I right in guessing that all the 'time out' scenes between Treguard and Pickle were filmed later.....on a different note, Iam sure Honesty Bartram is the love child of Julius Scaramonger.
Kawaii_Catgirl
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: Production and editing

Post by Kawaii_Catgirl »

The updates before the episodes were most likely filmed at the end of the series, when all the editing was complete. Before then, there was no way of knowing where time-outs would occur - imagine if Treguard narrated a couple of rooms past the time-out from the previous episode!

And the beginning/end bits were filmed at the end of the day when the team had gone home. As minors, they were only allowed to work a certain number of hours, while the rest of the cast didn't have that restriction.

On your side note - I've never seen the other person, so I can't comment.
"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
Crispin
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Crispin »

So how did the book of quests work then?  Pickle used to read from the book while standing behind the advisors who were just sitting there listening to him, some even looked at him.
Truth will out. Ah yes. Truth will out and so will you.
Alex_Smith
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Alex_Smith »

They must have done the editing as they went along then, and then filmed the updates once the team's quest was over. Ironic to think that when Pickle was reading out how far they'd come so far and they were reacting, the team already probably knew their fate ...