Knightmare Pointless

The Knightmare edition of the BBC gameshow.
GéZ
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare Pointless - Round 2

Post by GéZ »

Well Series 2 and Series 3 are the series I've watched the most, so I will go for one of them. I believe that Kelly was killed by Mr Grimwold ;)
Redthir
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Redthir »

GéZ wrote:Well Series 2 and Series 3 are the series I've watched the most, so I will go for one of them. I believe that Kelly was killed by Mr Grimwold ;)
Technically it was a lock in, actually. There are 2 correct answers for this.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

I'm afraid I would not accept "lock in" as an answer, as the question specifically asks for the "creature, person or thing" that kills them, i.e. in the physical sense - I hope that wasn't unclear from the start!
Redthir
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Redthir »

Eyeshield wrote:I'm afraid I would not accept "lock in" as an answer, as the question specifically asks for the "creature, person or thing" that kills them, i.e. in the physical sense - I hope that wasn't unclear from the start!
It's just me being my annoying self. Kind of like a certain person from TFOR. :P
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Gez says Kelly - Mr Grimwold. Let's see what that scores her...
pointless6.jpg
pointless6.jpg (10.08 KiB) Viewed 3241 times
Kelly needed a wax crayon to create a wellway at the end of level one, but with only a useless bit of bullion in hand, she was at Mr Grimwold's mercy. Gez, you score 6 points.

Let's take a look at the whole board:
knightmarepointlessshow1round2-3.jpg
We're halfway through Round 2, so let's see how the scores stand:

ROSS
Answer 1 - 5
Answer 2 - ?
TOTAL - ?

BEN
Answer 1 - 4
Answer 2 - ?
TOTAL - ?

GEZ
Answer 1 - 6
Answer 2 - ?
TOTAL - ?

As any idiot can see, this round is still wide open. The second pass is coming shortly. Once again, we'll come back down the line, and whichever player has the highest score at the end of the round will be eliminated!
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

ROUND 2 - SECOND PASS

CLUE OBJECT DEBUTS

You're about to see a board of seven clue objects. We asked 8 people to tell us in which series of Knightmare each object made its debut.

To clarify, we are looking for the first series in which each object appeared as an option for a dungeoneer to pick up, even if it was rejected - so that's the first series in which the object was seen! Please bear in mind that the object may not have been referred to on its debut by the same term I have used in the table - in this case, names don't really matter!

Players, you must each choose an object and identify its debut series. We have got:
knightmarepointlessshow1round2-4.jpg
Gez, you're up. Post your clue object and its debut series.
GéZ
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by GéZ »

Spyglass, Series 5
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Gez says Spyglass - Series 5. Let's see what that scores her...
pointless7.jpg
pointless7.jpg (10.23 KiB) Viewed 3238 times
We first saw a spyglass in the first episode of Series 5, and we actually saw another one (or maybe it was the same one all the time!) in every single episode of Knightmare right up until the end of Series 8, even though three of those episodes didn't actually feature a spyglass sequence! Another correct answer, Gez, but it's a biggie - you score 7 points.

ROSS
Answer 1 - 5
Answer 2 - ?
TOTAL - ?

BEN
Answer 1 - 4
Answer 2 - ?
TOTAL - ?

GEZ
Answer 1 - 6
Answer 2 - 7
TOTAL - 13

Ben, there are six answers left on the board for you:
knightmarepointlessshow1round2-5.jpg
Our current high scorer is Gez on 13. I'm sure you'll be glad to know, Ben, that you are definitely through to the head-to-head! So, are you going to try and choose a low scorer to scupper poor Ross? Please post your clue object and its debut series.
Redthir
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Redthir »

I seem to recall one team in Series 1 giving Lilith a red gem.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Ben says Red gem - Series 1. Let's see what that scores him...
pointless2p.jpg
pointless2p.jpg (9.38 KiB) Viewed 3237 times
You're quite right of course, Ben. Lillith was given a red gem (or ruby, as it was exclusively known for this appearance) by David in the very first episode of Knightmare! Congratulations for choosing the lowest-scoring answer in Knightmare Pointless so far, which adds another 2 points to your score.

ROSS
Answer 1 - 5
Answer 2 - ?
TOTAL - ?

BEN
Answer 1 - 4
Answer 2 - 2
TOTAL - 6

GEZ
Answer 1 - 6
Answer 2 - 7
TOTAL - 13

Ross, there are five answers left on the board for you:
knightmarepointlessshow1round2-6.jpg
Our current high scorer is Gez on 13. If you score 7 or less, you will be in the head-to-head with Ben. If you score 8, you and Gez will be in a tiebreak situation! Please post your clue object and its debut series.
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Aniseed, series 4
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Ross says Aniseed - Series 4. Let's see what that scores him...
pointless4.jpg
pointless4.jpg (9.34 KiB) Viewed 3236 times
"Aniseed will take them off your trail" - Oakley. Well done, Ross - 4 points are added to your score.

Let's take a look at the whole board:
knightmarepointlessshow1round2-7.jpg
That's the end of Round 2, so let's see how the scores stand:

ROSS
Answer 1 - 5
Answer 2 - 4
TOTAL - 9

BEN
Answer 1 - 4
Answer 2 - 2
TOTAL - 6

GEZ
Answer 1 - 6
Answer 2 - 7
TOTAL - 13

That means, of course, that we have to say goodbye to Gez - bad luck and thanks for playing! For Ross and Ben, the head-to-head awaits... and the first question is coming soon!
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Knightmare Pointless - Round 3

Post by Eyeshield »

Congratulations to Ross and Ben for making it through to the head-to-head. You two are about to battle it out to be the first ever Knightmare Pointless champion, and earn the chance to find a Pointless answer in the jackpot final and win an ultra-cool, genuine, official Knightmare badge!

ROUND 3 - HEAD-TO-HEAD

Whichever one of you wins the best of three questions will be our champion. Remember, I can only accept your first answer, so think carefully before you post.

We gave 8 people 100 seconds to name...

DUNGEONEERS WHO MET MERLIN ON LEVEL 3

So that's any dungeoneer who summoned Merlin and listened to him chatting at some point on the third level. Please give your answer in the form of: "Dungeoneer's First/Given Name (Series X)"

Ben, because you have scored slightly less in the game so far, you get to post your answer first. Ross, you can post your answer as soon as Ben has given his - don't wait for me to say anything.
Redthir
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare Pointless - Round 3

Post by Redthir »

Julian.
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare Pointless - Round 3

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Right - let's think about this. I don't think anyone got far enough to meet him in Series 1 (Richard almost did though!) and I don't think he met anyone on Level 3 in Series 4. Series 3 had just 3 Level 3-ers and Ross definitely didn't get far enough to meet Merlin, although I think Martn and Leo might have done. Series 2 I can't really remember the Level 3 dungeoneers so easily - obviously there are the winners Mark and Julian and then there's Chris who got killed by Medusa. I can't remember if there were any other Level 3 deaths in Series 2.
I'll avoid Mark because he's a winner, so it's really between Chris, Martin and Leo for me. I'm thinking Chris might be a good answer because lots of people forgot him in the last question but I'm not 100% sure he did meet Merlin. I'm going to say Martin (Series 3) and am hoping that it will at least score less than a winner.