Gap since last series

Discussion about Knightmare in youtube's Geek Week.
DarkComet
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Gap since last series

Post by DarkComet »

Is the period between S8 and this episode adressed? Could it potentially act as both a good conclusion to things and a jumping off point to a new series?
The Dunshelm Players
Audios plays and commentaries with a Knightmare flavour

The neighing and braying of farmyard animals follows
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Gap since last series

Post by Mystara »

It's acknowledged that there's been a gap and that people have changed.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: The new KM episode is up!

Post by wombstar »

I didn't really like the explanation for the 20 year gap.
It just suggest nobody turned up and Tregaurd just fell asleep waiting, and they they just carry on as normal.

Would have been better of the portals had just been closed/locked instead.

I guess it kinda suggests Fear has had free rain of the dungeon and has ruled all this time, as Treguard hasn't tried to stop him.

But we need a better reason then just nobody turned up. lol

Maybe a new series will provide some extra details?
One of the good things with later KM is a small story within the quests.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
UnclePob
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by UnclePob »

wombstar wrote:I didn't really like the explanation for the 20 year gap.
It just suggest nobody turned up and Tregaurd just fell asleep waiting, and they they just carry on as normal.

Would have been better of the portals had just been closed/locked instead.

I guess it kinda suggests Fear has had free rain of the dungeon and has ruled all this time, as Treguard hasn't tried to stop him.

But we need a better reason then just nobody turned up. lol

Maybe a new series will provide some extra details?
One of the good things with later KM is a small story within the quests.
Yeah, that pretty much sums up one or two of the niggles I mentioned in my rather extensive post earlier.

the specific mention of the 20 years that have passed does cause you to form that impression. If they'd have left the exact number of years out, we'd have simply been re-introduced to Treguard at potentially a very late stage in his life. The doolally comment would have made a little more sense as well as his apparent age (he looks more than 20 years older while asleep). The REFRESH spell cast by Daisy would then have rejuvenated Treguard back to some younger form to allow him to resume his role despite the passage of time.

That still wouldn't have explained Lord Fear's reluctance to actually do anything out of the ordinary in however many years Treguard's been inactive. Considering that some of his seasons had plot arcs that usually involved Fear planning to destroy Knightmare Castle, did he simply not want to do this any more for some weird reason?

It's not so bad as either can't be explained or clarified in a prospective new series, but within the scope of the singular episode they present problems that can prevent you becoming as immersed as was originally the case.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

The twenty years of inertia make Lord Fear sound like a really puny threat really. When there's no one to fight him, he sits back and fiddles around with mobile phones? Wow, the world is doomed! Doesn't that inspire you to rise up and challenge this tyrant?

Basically, if we don't bother him, he doesn't bother anybody else. So what kind of a villain is he really?
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Certainly something they need to go into more detail with of a new series in made, and it's something that could slowly leak out over the series as part it's story line, maybe treguard was put under a spell and doesn't really know exactly what happen himself until we learn it while taking on the dungeon.

Always better to have a purpose to finished the dungeon than just trying to reach the finish line.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in