Knightmare Geek Week Extended Episode

Discussion about Knightmare in youtube's Geek Week.
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare Geek Week Extended Episode

Post by knightmaredave »

Personally, I enjoyed the whole thing. I did like the extended version with extra with the wall monster and the floor puzzles and we got the life force on dangerous low, which was good to see. The new puzzle was quite hard !
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

The extended Geek Week episode is now available on Knightmare.com via the homepage banner story: https://www.knightmare.com/series/geek- ... watch.html

Please spread the news. There's a good number of people who won't yet have seen this version. There's potentially a good number who won't even know of the GeekWeek revival.

(And if website contributors could refer to this page / version, we'd be grateful for that too. Let's rack up some views!)
AriadnesLayer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by AriadnesLayer »

Could someone please help?

I'd really like to see the extended version. But the link on page 1 goes to a removed video.

And the version on Knightmare.com (linked in the post above this) says the content has been removed as it belongs to ITV! Surely this is wrong!

I really want to see the extended version :'( :'( :'(
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

It is not.

ITV's agents objected to the video, saying that it's Series 8, Episode something or other, which is their intellectual property. Despite my protestation, they've maintained their objection. Clearly some idiot somewhere hasn't actually bothered to check properly.

My only remaining courses of action are:

a) to provide some kind of written agreement from Tim showing that we have the right to the video
b) to have Tim talk to ITV to talk to their agents to get them to back off on this particular case

Both are actually quite complex. If ITV's agents continue to argue about (a) without doing their homework, it'll likely end up in court. Meanwhile, option (b) requires a complex chain of communication involving people that don't talk very often and have other more important things to discuss anyhow.

I continue to look into it every so often, but I'm afraid for now, there's nothing more I can do :(
AriadnesLayer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by AriadnesLayer »

Hi Mystara

You may not be aware but this is a VERY common problem on youtube and it never ends up in court - especially as it is becoming a big thing for people to post reactions and reviews of films and TV shows on youtube these days.

The video is pulled down by a copyright claim. This is because youtube's system of protecting copyright holders' rights is very very flawed. Copyright holders like movie studios or in this case a TV channel (ITV) will literally pull down anything and everything willy-nilly without actually checking it.

All you have to do is object to the copyright claim. As far as I know this gives the claim holder 30 days to either drop the claim or keep it going. Sometimes they will see sense and drop it immediately because they realise it's not their content. But sometimes they will choose to keep it going for the full 30 days. Either way it's nothing to worry about. You then have a second (and final) chance to object to the claim. Again, 30 days will pass.

After these 30 days (60 in total) the claim is ALWAYS dropped. It NEVER goes to court. Why? Because it's not their material! A company like ITV isn't going to take a member of the public to court for posting their material when it's NOT their material. They would be laughed out of court and quite possibly fined for wasting the court's time and lodging false claims.

Trust me. It never ends up in court. It's just a flawed system on youtube that allows faceless companies to remove videos - it's not even people who are removing them it's just an automated system.

Skip to 0:45 on this video. This guys explains it quite well.
https://youtu.be/QnGrmwWvRvA?t=45
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Indeed.

The difficulty is that, according to the appeal process, YouTube have told me I can only object further by providing evidence that I have the right to show it.

Sadly, I don't have any kind of contract or signed agreement to show.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it made specifically for YouTube, seeing as how (the original version) was released as part of Geek Week?

Surely they should have a record somewhere?
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

AriadnesLayer wrote: 26 Jan 2018, 02:57 Could someone please help?

I'd really like to see the extended version.

You can now watch the original upload of the extended Geek Week episode here. There's also a later upload here.

Let us know what you think of it.

Something I've only just noticed: the first thing to happen in the episode is a facing-away-from-the-camera sidestep (by Veruca). Surely deliberate?
AriadnesLayer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by AriadnesLayer »

Drassil wrote: 20 Sep 2020, 13:07
AriadnesLayer wrote: 26 Jan 2018, 02:57 Could someone please help?

I'd really like to see the extended version.

You can now watch the original upload of the extended Geek Week episode here. There's also a later upload here.

Let us know what you think of it.

Something I've only just noticed: the first thing to happen in the episode is a facing-away-from-the-camera sidestep (by Veruca). Surely deliberate?
Thank you! Great to see the extra stuff!

Also nice to hear the opening theme tune fade out naturally without the door-creaking-open sound effect at the end.