Tom Bell (Lord Fear Live) in Wizards vs Aliens and other things

For the discussion of Knightmare Live, the stage adaptation of Knightmare
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Tom Bell (Lord Fear Live) in Wizards vs Aliens and other things

Post by Drassil »

If you've seen Tom Bell as Lord Fear in Knightmare Live but not as Technician Jathro 15 in Wizards vs Aliens, he returned in this week's story (Series 3 Episodes 3-4). Part 1 of 2 is here; a clip is here. He appears both with more makeup and with less makeup than in Knightmare Live.
lavamonster
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Tom Bell (Lord Fear Live) in Wizards vs Aliens

Post by lavamonster »

Saw him on Monday at Knightmare Live NOT TO MENTION TREGUARD HIMSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D ;-D

Calming down a bit, Tom Bell is definitely going places. He was great as Lord Fear. Understated yet comedic.
FoxyLF
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by FoxyLF »

Didn't know he was in this, thanks for the link!
HobGoblin
Staff
Staff

Post by HobGoblin »

Someone might have already mentioned this, but isn't Tom Bell on our screens fairly regularly as one of the 118 athletes?
Extreme warning team, a Hobgoblin in the level!
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

HobGoblin wrote:Someone might have already mentioned this, but isn't Tom Bell on our screens fairly regularly as one of the 118 athletes?
After a bit of searching, I've found that he has confirmed this in one of his tweets on his own personal Twitter account!

Also, if you search for "118 118 Get Connected advert" on Youtube I'm pretty that's him at around 28 seconds in.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
FoxyLF
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by FoxyLF »

Seriously? Ha, I'll never look at them the same way again! ;D
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Out of all the Knightmare Live cast, Tom seems to be the most active outside the shows.

Last year, Wizards vs Aliens also featured a guest appearance by Jessie Cave a.k.a. Theodora from Geek Week Knightmare. http://knightmare.com/news/cast-crew-pr ... -vs-aliens
HobGoblin
Staff
Staff

Post by HobGoblin »

Just spotted Tom Bell in a Burger King advert. He was wowing customers by revealing that a box of six chicken pieces costs only 99p!

At that price I don't think the quality of the meat would do your lifeforce much good...
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Well spotted. The advert is on Burger King's YouTube channel too. I saw Tom in a Mars advert last year but haven't been able to find it online.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Tom Bell (Lord Fear Live) in things

Post by Drassil »

Having got a taste for playing aliens, Tom also appeared as one in Star Wars last year.

According to IMDb, we can look forward to seeing him in episode 1 of Red Dwarf XII next year.
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Picklemyfav »

He is also Ludus in the cbbc show of the same name. Ludus. I have seen it. It is very interesting and funny. Ludus doing tantrums is so funny. ;D Game show with computer games. Very app that he plays Lord Fear as well. The show has an app as well. To play along with.

Ludus
Ludus has taken the friends and family of three children into space! Can they overcome his series of intergalactic challenges to rescue their loved ones?
Cedric kneed down close to my helmet so i could see him and told me.
"You're not witless. You're just nice. Too nice really for your own good. That's your main problem."
HobGoblin
Staff
Staff

Post by HobGoblin »

Tom has just turned up in the "Steele Wars" Star Wars podcast. This is a podcast in which Australian comedian Steele Saunders chats to fans/people involved with SW.

I hadn't realised (living mainly in a bubble of parental responsibility :) ) that Tom was in The Force Awakens but despite his small role he provides some interesting info about the making of the film.

Probably only of real interest to those who enjoy a SW geek-out but if you want to listen then search iTunes for Steele Wars - Tom's in episode 97.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Drassil wrote: 06 Nov 2014, 18:52 If you've seen Tom Bell as Lord Fear in Knightmare Live but not as Technician Jathro 15 in Wizards vs Aliens, he returned in this week's story (Series 3 Episodes 3-4). Part 1 of 2 is here; a clip is here. He appears both with more makeup and with less makeup than in Knightmare Live.
Wizards vs Aliens is back on BBC iPlayer, if you're curious about Tom Bell's alien antics but missed them at the time.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.