Greetings

New members are very welcome to introduce themselves here.
Starman

Greetings

Post by Starman »

Greetings, all

Glad to see this board still going strong

I’ve posted here in its various incarnations over the years, possibly as long ago as 2001 I believe.

A lot has changed but it’s nice to know some things still remain.

I started a thread here some 17 years ago and foolishly I put my real name in it. In this increasingly privacy-aware world where we’re all starting to re-examine how much of our info we put out on the web, it appears that the thread in question permanently links my real name to a Ireland over used across the web in the past.

So... any chance it could be edited out? If anyone can help I’ll post the link to the thread
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Greetings

Post by Drassil »

Welcome back. I've seen your other message so I know which thread you're referring to, but please could you confirm it via private message? I'm confused by your reference above to 'a Ireland' and want to make sure I've grasped your meaning.
Starman

Re: Greetings

Post by Starman »

Drassil wrote: 24 Nov 2020, 18:19 Welcome back. I've seen your other message so I know which thread you're referring to, but please could you confirm it via private message? I'm confused by your reference above to 'a Ireland' and want to make sure I've grasped your meaning.
Ha, utterly bizarre autocorrect, no idea what it was supposed to say but the essence was that there’s a post that contains both my real name and a username that I’ve used across the web over the years