The Memories!

New members are very welcome to introduce themselves here.
Phoenix
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

The Memories!

Post by Phoenix »

WOW!

My name is Shireen, and I came across this site a month back or so, and have spent time reading through it ever since. I've had some side-splittingly funny time watching some of those clips, the bad hairstyles, the incredibly stupid advisors!

I was a Knightmare addict when I was younger. It was part of my life, every Friday afternoon, I'd come back from school, and we'd have "Sweetie Day" at the local shop, and always arrive back just in time to watch Knightmare with my 30p Pick'N'Mix!

It was always a dream of mine to go on the programme, I wanted to be an advisor, because I always got so frustrated with them, and was sure I would do a far better job. :). Although, secretly I wanted to be the dungeoneer, I just didn't think I could trust whoever I chose as advisors to guide me correctly!

Even seeing a few repeats on Challenge a while back made me sit up and yell at the TV "Left you idiot!" OR "No! Don't take the dagger!" And it even had me genuinely scared at some moments. I'd forgotten how terrifying the Dreadnaught actually was!

I've had a look at Knightmare VR, and to be honest, I'm not a fan. Why? Well, I understand the argument about needing to bring it forward, but a dungeoneer that can see? The excitement at the root of Knightmare was that the dungeoneer couldn't see, and that he/she had to place total faith in his/her advisors. This was the basic core of the Knightmare a watched religiously as a child. Today's technology in VR could make for an incredible programme. Sure, have the dungeoneer fully digitised if you wish, but put a helmet on it. I'll even stomach a digitised Treguard (although that is a shame too.)

I suppose any reincarnation of Knightmare is better than none at all, but to me, it seems to have lost it's magic in this new format. What made it so fun was that it was almost a real world. There were real characters played by real people! The dungeoneer was real!

Anyway, I've rambled on too long.

;D ;D ;D
Last edited by Phoenix on 08 Jan 2005, 00:54, edited 1 time in total.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re:The Memories!

Post by Drassil »

Hi there, and welcome. Glad to see that your memories of Knightmare are positive and alive. :)

You may be pleased to know that a version of Knightmare called the Knightmare RPG, is made by people within the online community, to be played interactively via the internet; and that it follows the traditional format of actors and bluescreens. RPG Series 6 was the last to be filmed; there's more information on Interactive Knightmare (http://ikm.ezri.mine.nu).

Here's hoping that you have fun as a member of the Forum!
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

Welcome to the zone!
Good night out there; whatever you are!
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

Welcome. I am Dark Descender, Romanticist, feminist and a big fan of Twisted Sister. Enjoy yourself.
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

*gong sounds, bricks move, and I appear*

Greetings Phoenix, and welcome to the looney bin TalkKnightmare. I am the forums' Brollachan, and am also known as Keith. Have fun, play nicely, and I'm sure you'll enjoy the place.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Heyo Phoenix! Fidjit you're humble lockmaster, bids you welcome! ;D
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Phoenix
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Phoenix »

Hey, thanks for the welcome ;D.

I'll have a look at that Knightmare RPG, I seem to remember it being mentioned on the site in various places, should be an interesting look!

Twisted Sister... hahaha... my music tastes vary from Hardcore to Metal to Hardcore, with a little Emo and random Rock thrown inbetween. Favourite band? Right now split between SikTh and Span, which if you know them are two totally different types Rock style!

Ermmm... so yeah, once again, thankyou!

;D ;D ;D
Willowherb
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Willowherb »

MERLIN: "What is the name of the bird that is reborn when it burns?"

We won't put you through the trial by fire, though! Welcome, Phoenix. I'm the sporadically-posting Willowherb from the far north (well, Scotland) and I know exactly what you mean about the cherished Friday afternoon ritual of Knightmare. Enjoy posting!