Hello

New members are very welcome to introduce themselves here.
theconfused
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Hello

Post by theconfused »

Hi all!

My name is Cait and I was born a couple of years after Knightmare ended, but I used to watch repeats on Challenge as a kid and fell in love with the show. I'm getting back into it again, watching clips online and hopefully I'll watch some episodes on TV soon :)

I also like Doctor Who, both the classic and the new, and have met some of the actors from it.

That's about it for now. :)
๐–™๐–๐–Š ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–“๐–‹๐–š๐–˜๐–Š๐–‰
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Hello

Post by Canadanne »

Hi Cait! Welcome to the forum, there are plenty of Doctor Who fans on here too. :)
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Hi Cait and a warm welcome to the forum. It's great you have got back in to it again.

Although not a Doctor Who fan myself you are not alone and there are many fans of it here! :)
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
theconfused
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by theconfused »

Thank you for your responses! :)
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Welcome, Cait. Thank you for joining the forum. It's good to know that Challenge's Knightmare repeats have reached new fans as well as old. If you haven't seen Canadanne/Annie's Knightmare Lexicon entry about Doctor Who, I think you'll enjoy it.
pjmlfc05 wrote:Although not a Doctor Who fan myself you are not alone
Ironically, the phrase "You Are Not Alone" happens to be a Doctor Who reference.
Mashibinbin
Staff
Staff

Post by Mashibinbin »

Another newcomer! Soon we'll have enough for a fresh team to face the dungeon dimension. Seriously tho along with Claire and Steve you are most welcome here Cait.

As always Knightmare Chat has a fireplace ready stocked and a vat of something or other that Treguard nicked from Lord Fear to view team's progress once. He got Sylvester hands on it and promptly called it Smellyvision.
theconfused
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by theconfused »

Ah this entry about Doctor Who on the Lexicon is really helpful actually, as I had heard John Woodnutt had appeared in DW but wasn't sure which episodes, but now I know, as well as other useful things! :)

I've tried to figure out the technical requirements to use Knightmare Chat but I'm not quite sure I get it yet.
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Picklemyfav »

Hi there. I'm new here too. I was just seven when Knightmare finished so I missed out on a lot. :( Didn't see it for first time until just before christmas while on holiday in ayr. :D I can't get Challenge where i'm from so been watching it on youtube. :exclaim: Its very funny at times. ;D
I grew up watching Raven so would have loved it as a kid. [SIGHS] Helped come up with ideas for Raven as i grew older. Would have done the same here.
Cedric kneed down close to my helmet so i could see him and told me.
"You're not witless. You're just nice. Too nice really for your own good. That's your main problem."
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Picklemyfav wrote:Hi there. I'm new here too. I was just seven when Knightmare finished so I missed out on a lot. :( Didn't see it for first time until just before christmas while on holiday in ayr. :D I can't get Challenge where i'm from so been watching it on youtube. :exclaim: Its very funny at times. ;D
I grew up watching Raven so would have loved it as a kid. [SIGHS] Helped come up with ideas for Raven as i grew older. Would have done the same here.
Welcome to the forum! :)
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Hey Picklemyfav, welcome aboard the forum. Good to have you here!
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Picklemyfav »

I am a big fan of Doctor Who as well. got a Doctor Who t shirt while on holiday. Also love The Big Bang Theory as well. Sheldon is so funny at times. ;D
Cedric kneed down close to my helmet so i could see him and told me.
"You're not witless. You're just nice. Too nice really for your own good. That's your main problem."
ClaireFearsBlades32
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by ClaireFearsBlades32 »

Welcome! Nice to have more people to chat with. The more the merrier! As Bob hoskins said in those incredibly annoying BT adverts "its good to talk!" I watch KM on YouTube, always good for the repeats as challenge only have one series at once. Welcome aboard.
It's only a game, isn't it?
theconfused
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by theconfused »

Picklemyfav wrote:I grew up watching Raven so would have loved it as a kid.
I used to watch Raven a lot. It was really cool. I'm sure the guy who played Raven was the voice of the French listening tapes in schools in Scotland :D Also, I have been to Ayr maybe once or twice.

I see you like Doctor Who too! That's great. I've not seen much of the Big Bang Theory though.
EvelynMason
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by EvelynMason »

Always a pleasure to meet new people who are interested in this fine show. Hope your enjoy your stay, we're a small community but all share the same enthusiasm and interest that is the Knightmare series.

Not a Doctor Who fan so to speak, but watched a number of the original episodes in the 1980's but lost interest around the time Sylvester McCoy was introduced. Once again, hope you enjoy your time with us.
theconfused
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by theconfused »

EvelynMason wrote:Always a pleasure to meet new people who are interested in this fine show. Hope your enjoy your stay, we're a small community but all share the same enthusiasm and interest that is the Knightmare series.

Not a Doctor Who fan so to speak, but watched a number of the original episodes in the 1980's but lost interest around the time Sylvester McCoy was introduced. Once again, hope you enjoy your time with us.
Yes, I do struggle to find many people aware of what Knightmare is so I'm thankful for this forum.

I met Sylvester McCoy at a convention, he's nice. I mainly have watched repeats of Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy, as well as watching the 21st century doctors mostly as they air.

As well as meeting Sylvester McCoy, I've met Paul McGann and I attended a talk Peter Davison was involved in but I didn't get to meet him as he was mobbed by fans. I've met quite a few companions and other actors. I could go on and on forever about Doctor Who but I might save that for another thread of discussion. ;D