Hello There!

New members are very welcome to introduce themselves here.
curiousbritishtelly
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Hello There!

Post by curiousbritishtelly »

I'm returning to the forums for the first time in... nearly 20 years? I used to post on the original Knightmare forums way back in 1999ish and into 2000 before going on an extended sabbatical.

As you would expect, big fan of Knightmare and still enjoy watching the episodes when I have time. Not sure exactly when I started watching the series, but it was certainly in the pre-Pickle era. I actually grew up about five minutes away from one of the Knightmare filming locations - the historic Castle Rising - and it delighted me no end when the local paper reported this.

I'll try not to leave 20 years in between my posts this time...
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Hello There!

Post by Drassil »

Welcome back, Ben. You know me on Twitter from exchanges like this. Thanks for flying the flag for Knightmare via your blogposts and tweets. All the best with your new book. I hope you enjoy reading and posting on the current forum.
curiousbritishtelly
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Hello! I dare say one or two of my Twitter followers will be on here!
Mashibinbin
Staff
Staff

Post by Mashibinbin »

Knice to have you back Ben, plenty of 'catch up' reading to be done! :)

Best wishes with the new book and feel free to pop by in chat on Sunday nights from 8pm.
curiousbritishtelly
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

The news of a weekly chat has unlocked a long forgotten memory from the recesses of my mind!

I remember, in about 2000ish, there was an online quest each week which was housed in a chatroom somewhere. The only details I can remember is that someone played Treguard and set the scene for a contestant to venture through the dungeon.

Simpler times!
Mashibinbin
Staff
Staff

Post by Mashibinbin »

You're right and that online questing led directly to the likes of the Knightmare RPG, Aegis Quest and the Knightmare Convention. It also indirectly spawned some of my fondest friendships.

We still have games such as Werewolf, albeit Knightmare flavoured, which you are welcome to partake in.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

curiousbritishtelly wrote: 24 Nov 2019, 19:08 The news of a weekly chat has unlocked a long forgotten memory from the recesses of my mind!

I remember, in about 2000ish, there was an online quest each week which was housed in a chatroom somewhere. The only details I can remember is that someone played Treguard and set the scene for a contestant to venture through the dungeon.

Simpler times!
In case you haven't spotted them, the logs for Seasons 1 and 2 of the misnamed 'RPG' are here. Tim Child himself played at one point.

Robin/Ben: take a look back at the August-November 1999 guestbook entries and you'll note a very nice coincidence.