Knightmare Convention: travel and hotel bookings

Discussion and posts relating to the 2014 Knightmare Convention in Norwich
GlennC81
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Knightmare Convention: travel and hotel bookings

Post by GlennC81 »

It all sounds great Alan! I'm planning to book my travel and hotel to Norwich this week. Can't wait. :)
Dessimat0r
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: WE MADE IT :D

Post by Dessimat0r »

I booked my hotel room and train journey already - I recommend everyone else to do it as soon as possible. But I'm caressing my poor, poor wallet :(
HobGoblin
Staff
Staff

Post by HobGoblin »

It's a two hour train journey from London to Norwich? Has somebody moved it? It takes two hours to get to York!

Ah well, it'll be worth it!
Extreme warning team, a Hobgoblin in the level!
GlennC81
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by GlennC81 »

My poor credit card's taken a pounding today. I booked my train travel and my hotel in Norwich. I also booked a hotel in London for the end of May (I'm going to a gig at the O2). Still, it keeps me busy and makes the excitement feel more real. :)
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Road and train networks around theses parts are a nightmare, I hope there is no football on that weekend, last time it took me nearly 2 hours to get out of Norwich and I'm only a 50 minute drive away.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
Dessimat0r
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Dessimat0r »

I also decided to see Knightmare Live on the Friday. So that's an extra night in the hotel. Oh well ;) :green:
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Before the tickets are even available for sale?
You are very brave.
Mashibinbin
Staff
Staff

Post by Mashibinbin »

"by Dessimat0r » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:54 am

I booked my hotel room and train journey already - I recommend everyone else to do it as soon as possible."

Until we get the proper affirmation from Alan I would reccomend the opposite. If, with the the remotest of chances, this doesn't go ahead then it's quite possible you've lost your train fare and hotel costs unless you want time in Norwich on your own.

I know it's annoying with advance fares and the like only being availiable so long but sit tight or any potential savings you make initially could swiftly become goblin fodder.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Mashibinbin wrote:"by Dessimat0r » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:54 am

I booked my hotel room and train journey already - I recommend everyone else to do it as soon as possible."

Until we get the proper affirmation from Alan I would reccomend the opposite. If, with the the remotest of chances, this doesn't go ahead then it's quite possible you've lost your train fare and hotel costs unless you want time in Norwich on your own.

I know it's annoying with advance fares and the like only being availiable so long but sit tight or any potential savings you make initially could swiftly become goblin fodder.
To be fair there is not a great deal of time between now and if the convention is sticking to the dates planned. People do have to plan ahead especially if they are coming from afar. So I can understand why they are booking hotels. Does anyone know when we will get final conformation that the convention is going ahead?
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

They've done a runner with all our money ;)
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
GlennC81
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by GlennC81 »

I've got all my travel and accommodation booked. I'll be in Norwich on the Friday PM, going home on the Sunday. I booked two 1st class singles from/to London for £13 each way via Greater Anglia. May's a busy month for me. Going to London to see Katy Perry at the end of the month too, and then a week in Toronto at the start of June. Exciting though nonetheless. :)
Greystagg
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Greystagg »

I've already booked travel too - against recommendations, perhaps, but the convention's only a month away now and train tickets get expensive! If it ends up not going ahead for some reason, well, it'll be a nice weekend's holiday in Norwich anyway. :)
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

It occurs to me that even if the formal convention doesn't go ahead, we can still have an unofficial meet-up in Norwich. So we should still proceed with making the travel/accomm. arrangements.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

Hotel booked and I'll likely drive down as fuel works out cheaper than trains for me.

No offence to all concerned, but I'm another that's a little nervous of all this suddenly falling flat. The whole thing is very last minute and it isn't the first time I've been let down by a late cancellation...

Sorry to be a worrier! :-[ Still looking forward to the event. ;)
malibupete
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by malibupete »

Hotel booked, train booked... This is actually happening!