Car Pool?

Discussion and posts relating to the 2014 Knightmare Convention in Norwich
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Car Pool?

Post by Lowebo »

Ladies and Gentlemen...

So Norwich is a long drive from the North West, and trains are extortionate.

Would anyone be interested in getting a lift with me to cut costs? My plan is either to leave Friday evening or v. early Saturday morning, and return Sunday morning. I'm coming from Chester, and would probably do this route: http://goo.gl/maps/EOXB5

(Happy to do this one http://goo.gl/maps/NKqIl if needed)

So if anyone isn't put off by the prospect of modern country music (although I would allow whoever sits in the front to take control of the music at times..!) let me know.

I'm on twitter @LiterallyLowe too, just so you can see I'm a real person and not a goblin.

Yet.
Dessimat0r
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Car Pool?

Post by Dessimat0r »

I would have taken you up on this offer maybe (I live in Birkenhead) but I already have expensive non-refundable trains booked! I'm also going to Knightmare Live on the Friday.
Mashibinbin
Staff
Staff

Post by Mashibinbin »

I too am in your area - Wallasey - but alas have also booked train and accomodation now. Worked out £70 return for two straight through trains from Liverpool Lime Street.

I am leaving on the 8.52am on the Friday getting into Norwich at 14.13 if you are interested :)
Dessimat0r
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Dessimat0r »

The train I'm getting is from Chester, then through to London, then to Norwich (I think). That's what redspottedhanky suggested anyway ;) I didn't even know trains went to London from Chester. Also: you got trains that went straight to Norwich? I have to change a ridiculous amount of times at different stations, I think. Here's my itinerary:
Journey: 1 Green Lane to Norwich
Ticket type: Advance Valid only on your chosen service. Not refundable. Changeable prior to date of travel for a fee.
Route: Virgin West Coast & connections
Outward journey: 9 May 2014
departs Green Lane at 11:54 travel by Train service provider Merseyrail to station Chester arrives 12:27
departs Chester at 12:35 travel by Train service provider Virgin Trains to station London Euston arrives 14:39 ( seats reserved: Coach: D Seats: 01 )
departs London Euston at 14:54 travel by London Underground to station London Liverpool Street arrives at 15:07
departs London Liverpool Street at 15:30 travel by Train service provider Greater Anglia to station Norwich arrives 17:24 ( seats reserved: Coach: C Seats: 61 )
Ticket type: 1st Advance Valid only on your chosen service. Not refundable. Changeable prior to date of travel for a fee.
Route: Virgin West Coast & connections
Return journey: 11 May 2014
departs Norwich at 08:47 travel by Train service provider Greater Anglia to station London Liverpool Street arrives 11:01 ( seats reserved: Coach: J Seats: 16 )
departs London Liverpool Street at 11:16 travel by London Underground to station London Euston arrives at 11:29
departs London Euston at 12:05 travel by Train service provider Virgin Trains to station Liverpool Lime Street arrives 14:24 ( seats reserved: Coach: K Seats: 12 )
departs Liverpool Lime Street at 14:43 travel by Train service provider Merseyrail to station Green Lane arrives 14:54
And the journey was £71 8-o >:-]
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

I just looked out of curiosity; £70 direct from Liverpool, or £80 from Chester. According to Journey Price, it'll cost between £65-£80 in fuel for the trip - which reinforces my desire to drive, otherwise I wouldn't be back until around 6pm on the Sunday!

The offer to drive still remains - per the route, I'm happy to pick up along it, doesn't have to be from the Chester-area!
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Evidently the convention should have been organised while most of us still had a Young Person's Railcard. ;)

Wishing everyone safe journeys.
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

Drassil wrote:Evidently the convention should have been organised while most of us still had a Young Person's Railcard. ;)

Wishing everyone safe journeys.
Quite! Or two people bought a 'Two Together' railcard for the journey!