Almost time .... nervous

Discussion and posts relating to the 2014 Knightmare Convention in Norwich
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: Almost time .... nervous

Post by wombstar »

I'm just surprised I've never had a KM dream, usually everything comes up in a dream sooner or later, it's odd but then I use to play KM in the school playground by myself, there's something special about a little kids show that can fuel your imagination in so many different ways, it still becomes a distraction during boring days at work. lol
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

FoxyLF wrote:Personally I'm a little nervous that I'll be the only one really going for it with the dressing up as a character, it's the first convention we've been to and we want to make an effort... ???
You both succeeded! If only I'd known which character you were going to be, I could have put you in touch with Jules Bryant, the original Aesandre, sooner. I got in contact with Jules last year (as a result of her son seeing the Geek Week episode and tweeting about her) and am hoping to interview her for Knightmare.com at some point.
FoxyLF
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by FoxyLF »

[/quote]
You both succeeded! If only I'd known which character you were going to be, I could have put you in touch with Jules Bryant, the original Aesandre, sooner. I got in contact with Jules last year (as a result of her son seeing the Geek Week episode and tweeting about her) and am hoping to interview her for Knightmare.com at some point.[/quote]

Was that you that twittered (tweeted?) Jules the other day? Thank you! She sent a gorgeous black and white photo of the original character, the hair and dress looked amazing, got some tweeks to make to mine I think :)
An interview would be great wouldn't it, Gwendoline was featured a lot in that series.... do it! ;)
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

FoxyLF wrote:Was that you that twittered (tweeted?) Jules the other day? Thank you! She sent a gorgeous black and white photo of the original character, the hair and dress looked amazing, got some tweeks to make to mine I think :)
An interview would be great wouldn't it, Gwendoline was featured a lot in that series.... do it! ;)
Yep, the tweeter was me. Jules was completely unaware of Knightmare's continuing popularity until the Geek Week episode. I can only imagine that raising six children left her a little sidetracked! She must have got married some time after being in Knightmare as she told me that Hugo Myatt came to her engagement party. :)

I can't remember offhand how many appearances Gwendoline had, but it was definitely more than Aesandre's 4. Jules has shared a gorgeous black and white photo of Gwendoline and Elita too.
FoxyLF
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by FoxyLF »

Oh that's lovely! These b&w photos seem totally out of character for the TV show, but wonderfully vintage in style.

6 children has got to be a time filler for sure!