Convention DVDs?

Discussion and posts relating to the 2014 Knightmare Convention in Norwich
malibupete
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Convention DVDs?

Post by malibupete »

I don't know if they'll have kept it if you didn't express an interest... Anyway, one of the other members of my party knows people at Epic, so he's going to have a chat - I'll mention it on the forum if there's any news worth sharing!
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Everything was recorded.

I'm not sure how much EPIC will charge for a copy. They're not really talking to me <sigh>.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

I never realised, there was nothing being said about recording or making it available to guests on request, I never thought anything of it. Be pretty cool if they've willing to sell the footage. Mind it they've got a lot to footage or get through.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
Gundrada
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gundrada »

I missed out on the Late Night with Lord Fear due to sudden illness - I wonder when the DVDs are available for purchase, it would be great to see :)

ETA - also a couple of friends had missed out on the weekend, and would love to see what was going on :green:
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

There will be some spare.
I don't know what the price will be. Certainly they will be more than the indiegogo reward.
Gundrada
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gundrada »

Jolly Good, what! I would like to say they were Christmas presents to be stashed away, but it's really compo for being a bit swing happy with my sword *laughs so hard she snorts* ;D
Mashibinbin
Staff
Staff

Post by Mashibinbin »

...and thus at the end of a rather sucessful week's work a dvd did appear safe and securely wrapped and that weekend it was to be watched with thoughts shared in the near future!
Alex_Smith
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Alex_Smith »

I got mine today too. I must say the presentation of the DVD itself is fantastic, this will be taking pride of place on my DVD shelf for sure. Can't wait to have a view of it tomorrow! :)
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

I was pretty pleased with how they came out. Glad you like it :)
fluttermoth
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by fluttermoth »

Oh, oh, mine's turned up this morning as well! Looks very professional indeed, lovely job!

Got to plan the best time to sit and watch now :D I mean, this isn't something you just stick on, is it? It's special, the moment must be prepared for :D
FoxyLF
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by FoxyLF »

Well that was perfect timing, just sat having a cup of tea yesterday, debating with Max what we should do for my birthday, and pop, through the letterbox comes the convention DVD, all shiny and new :)
Needless to say we watched it all yesterday, backwards actually, from the credits, to artwork, etc, with a glass of wine per section. By the time the chat show came up it was bring back a lot of memories and great things we'd forgotten about the day.

Fantastic DVD, especially brilliant to see both days Q&A sessions, and David's art on the Sunday. Lord Fear's section had us in stitches again, I'd completely forgottenn about the videa plea!
Thank you for the laughs! 8)
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

The video plea....
5 minutes of filming in the car park behind EPIC on one of our many journeys there :)
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Thank you very much to Alan and Matt (who posts as Myatt here) for the filming, editing and DVD production. I watched it moments after opening it: I couldn't keep Knightmare and Friday apart.

There were bits I missed during the convention and bits I was glad to see again. I especially liked how so many fans were represented via the questions, the Late Night With Lord Fear guests and also the audience shots. I also particularly appreciated hearing Tim Child's production insights once more. There's a rich vein of Knightmare.com article/discussion material there. As for Alan's remark that I was a less speedy mic runner than Keith: I'm sure it's true but who can blame me for savouring the moment? :)

My favourite touch on the DVD is the inclusion of Matt's phone number. For those who don't know, he also filmed some of the pre-convention videos and has a Facebook page for his videography work. As a cameraman and a gentleman, he comes heartily recommended.

All in all, really enjoyable to be a watcher of the DVD. There is still Lord's Fear Midnight Hunt footage to look forward to (...isn't there?), and here's hoping that Lords Of The Game and the extended Geek Week episode might see the light of day again too.

P.S. Happy Belated Birthday, Helen. Not a bad way to follow your Knightmare Live experience!
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Drassil wrote:As for Alan's remark that I was a less speedy mic runner than Keith: I'm sure it's true but who can blame me for savouring the moment? :)
It was really a remark on Keith's speed rather than a slight on yours. The light on stage was relatively blinding, so it was quite difficult to see into the audience, and so seeing this foreboding silhouette charging around at superhuman speeds was what registered the remark.
Drassil wrote: All in all, really enjoyable to be a watcher of the DVD. There is still Lord's Fear Midnight Hunt footage to look forward to (...isn't there?)
The issue somewhat tricky.
There's a lot of footage, including some that nobody has seen. There's also the excellent footage from Stuart Ashen that I'd really like a wide audience to see.

However, I don't feel that anyone comes out of the event looking particularly great. We look ill prepared (even though we really weren't) and the players don't look the brightest (even though they really were).

Presenting it in the right way, without being dishonest, will require some careful thought.
Drassil wrote: and here's hoping that Lords Of The Game and the extended Geek Week episode might see the light of day again too.
I think there's a reasonable chance of this. As always, the key will be in making the best use of it.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

I got my convention goodies (programme and DVD) on Friday too, and echo what others have said about how nicely they turned out - great job! The "large handwriting" remark in the programme cracked me up. ;D

Thanks so much for doing the DVD so we can all have access to the events (and no doubt it's also a nice souvenir for those who attended). Minor spoilers ahead, if anyone wants to skip this post until after they've watched the DVD...

Thoroughly enjoyed the art demonstration with talk by Tim Child. All the detail about lighting the scenes was really interesting - I had no idea how complicated it was! - and I was amused to hear about the extra support needed for the Corridor of Blades set. :) What a delight to see David drawing a brand new room that was so recognisably Knightmare, too.

Also loved the Q&As. Nice that Mark gave Amy a namecheck! The horse anecdote was particularly funny, and I was very surprised to hear about Iona making one dungeoneer cry - I wonder who that was?! (I found it amusing that the name January always stuck in Iona's memory, as she was the only dungeoneer whose name I remembered through the years as well!) Fascinating to learn that Raptor was supposed to (but didn't) give a hint about Castor & Pollux before the Brollachan's question about them in Julie's quest.

The appeal video on Late Night with Lord Fear was very funny. :)

I really hope Tim still intends to share the extended Geek Week episode with the rest of us sometime; at one point during the fundraising campaign it was said to be included on the DVD, and I'll be gutted if I never get to see it. Would be very interested to see Lords Of The Game and the Midnight Hunt footage as well.