Knightmare QI

A dedicated section for The Eye Shield fanzine.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Re: Knightmare QI XIII

Post by Eyeshield »

This competition is now closed. Answers and results coming July 1st.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Knightmare QI XIV

Post by Eyeshield »

I am now quite keen to relaunch this feature, but thanks to the dwindling interest it received previously, I am looking for at least four people to sign up for the next round before I reveal the questions. There is no limit to how many people can sign up, but I don’t think it would really be worth doing with less than four. I have been making a few tweaks to the rules – as I discovered before, it is not easy to run Knightmare QI with a set of rules that everyone completely approves of, so if you don’t like any of the conditions listed below, please do not sign up! If you do want to take part in a round of Knightmare QI under these circumstances, please PM me or drop an e-mail to eyeshield2002@hotmail.com between now and Sunday February 14th 2010 telling me so.

1) Each round contains ten questions. There is a maximum score of four points for each question – one point for providing a correct answer and up to three bonus points for any Quite Interesting supplementary information you may be able to think of.
2) Any question written in red will have a cliché – give this cliché as your answer and you will lose ten points. The full quota of three QI bonus points will only be available for cliché questions when the cliché is identified as part of the QI information.
3) Time bonus points will be awarded to the first three entries I receive. The first entry will earn one time bonus point for every three points scored, i.e. a score of 15 would be increased by five points to 20. The second entry will earn one time bonus point for every five points scored, i.e. a score of 20 would be increased by four points to 24. The third entry will earn one time bonus point for every ten points scored, i.e. a score of 30 would be increased by three points to 33.
4) There will be a time limit of three weeks to get your answers in. Any questions that remain unanswered after three weeks will incur a penalty of five points each, therefore if you do not submit any answers at all then you will score -50.
5) Knightmare QI will only be relaunched if four or more people agree to sign up for the next round. By signing up for one round you are not committing to any further rounds, but you are more than welcome to enter as many rounds as you like!

The bold and the fearless:
1. Drassil
2. Martin "HStorm" Odoni
3. Joe Grocott-James
4. Gehn "Lex" Luthor
5. Ben "Pooka" Maydon
6. Liam Callaghan
7. Ross "Raven's Eye" Thompson
8. Jim Waterman
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Re: Knightmare QI XIV

Post by Eyeshield »

1. After how many Knightmare episodes is Mark Knight credited as a character other than Lord Fear?
2. During the course of series 7, how many people successfully complete the Trial by Spikes onscreen?
3. Which spell is missing from the following list? SIGHT, LOOK, VISOR…
4. Who is missing from the fourth episode of series 8, appearing in all other series 7 and 8 episodes?
5. What do these four characters have in common? CASPER, PIXEL, MOTLEY, SIDRISS. CLUE: It happened to Casper every time a dungeoneer met him.
6. Which magical entity have these people all been in control of, or at least used against their enemies before losing control of? HORDRISS, MOGDRED, MORGHANNA, LEO’S TEAM (TEAM 4 OF SERIES 3)…
7. What is the name of the town visited by dungeoneer Julie II (Team 6 of Series 7) as part of her level one experiences?
8. After how many Knightmare episodes is John Woodnutt credited as Mogdred?
9. Taking into account both visual and audio, what is the one difference between the opening title sequence for series 4, and the opening title sequence for series 5?
10. Who is the first dungeoneer to have the same Christian name as a previous dungeoneer?

And remember…

Ø There is a maximum score of four points for each question – one point for providing a correct answer and up to three bonus points for any Quite Interesting supplementary information you may be able to think of.
Ø Any question written in red will have a cliché – give this cliché as your answer and you will lose ten points. The full quota of three QI bonus points will only be available for cliché questions when the cliché is identified as part of the QI information.
Ø Time bonus points will be awarded to the first three entries I receive. The first entry will earn one time bonus point for every three points scored, i.e. a score of 15 would be increased by five points to 20. The second entry will earn one time bonus point for every five points scored, i.e. a score of 20 would be increased by four points to 24. The third entry will earn one time bonus point for every ten points scored, i.e. a score of 30 would be increased by three points to 33.
Ø There is a time limit of three weeks to get your answers in. Any questions that remain unanswered after three weeks will incur a penalty of five points each, therefore if you do not submit any answers at all by Sunday March 21st 2010 then you will score -50.

NB: I will be reviewing these rules after this round – I am well aware that some tweaks may be necessary!

Address for QI answers: eyeshield2002@hotmail.com
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Knightmare QI XV

Post by Eyeshield »

I am going to run one more (possibly final) round of Knightmare QI, the questions for which will be revealed in issue 64. I am going to assume that the seven people who sent in answers for the last round do want to enter again, but if you don’t, just drop me a line to let me know, and I’ll immediately cross you off the list with no hard feelings. By the same token, if anyone who didn’t send in answers this time (including you, Drassil) would like to sign up for another round, just let me know with a PM or by posting a reply in this thread (or e-mail eyeshield2002@hotmail.com) and you’ll be added to the list right away!

These are the rules. Please read them carefully before you sign up!
1) There is a maximum score of four points for each question – one point for providing a correct answer and up to three bonus points for any Quite Interesting supplementary information you may be able to think of.
2) Any question written in red will have a cliché – give this cliché as your answer and you will lose ten points. The full quota of three QI bonus points will only be available for cliché questions when the cliché is identified as part of the QI information.
3) Time bonus points will be awarded to the first three entries I receive. The first entry will earn one time bonus point for every five points scored, i.e. a score of 25 would be increased by five points to 30. The second entry will earn one time bonus point for every eight points scored, i.e. a score of 24 would be increased by three points to 27. The third entry will earn one time bonus point for every ten points scored, i.e. a score of 30 would be increased by three points to 33.
4) There is a time limit of four weeks to get your answers in. Any questions that remain unanswered by Thursday July 29th 2010 will incur a penalty of five points each, therefore if you do not submit any answers at all you will score -50.

The fearless ones:
1) Gehn "Lex" Luthor
2) Ross "Raven's Eye" Thompson
3) Joe Grocott-James
4) Liam Callaghan
5) Martin "HStorm" Odoni
6) Ben "Pooka" Maydon
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Re: Knightmare QI XV

Post by Eyeshield »

1. What action have these four people all performed onscreen? MILDREAD, HEGGATTY, PEGGATTY, CHRIS IV.
2. Which is the first dungeoneer that can be seen climbing into a wellway?
3. How many episodes feature two separate quests starting from the antechamber?
4. Which is the first dungeoneer to speak to Smirkenorff?
5. During which scene can you see the effects of Hordriss’s magic being undone by Merlin’s magic?
6. In which episode is the phrase “Condition Amber” first mentioned with reference to the life force clock?
7. During which series is the phrase “the Opposition” first used?

8. The Adventurers’ Code stipulates that, unlike normal clue objects, “magical objects” can be carried on different levels, but which is the one and only object that ends up being carried through multiple levels under this rule?
9. How many dungeoneers summoned Hordriss with his calling name, Malefact, or at least a pretty close approximation of it?
10. During the course of which episode do we learn that Smirkenorff can speak?