The Eye Shield Issue 65

A dedicated section for The Eye Shield fanzine.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

The Eye Shield Issue 65

Post by Eyeshield »

...is now available at the usual place: http://knightmare.com/fanzine/eyeshield ... -2010.html
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: The Eye Shield Issue 65

Post by HStorm »

I'm saddened to learn that TES' months are numbered, but I can certainly understand your reasons for calling it a day. You've given plenty of notice, and 70 issues has to be seen as a good innings for a fanzine. Any thoughts on some kind of serial project to succeed it, perhaps?
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

I'm heartened to know TES will be missed. I am planning to semi-retire from the world of Knightmare nostalgia after the final issue, simply because I've been writing about Knightmare for 10 years and I quite want to stop. I don't, therefore, plan to do any kind of follow-up myself, but I think I'm right in saying that Mystara would quite like some kind of regular update to replace TES (correct me if I'm wrong, Alan) be it another fanzine or some kind of serialised story - if anyone's brave and foolish enough to come up with something in this vein, I'd certainly become an avid reader!
Strike
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Strike »

I have recently quite enjoyed reading the recent editions of Eye Shield. Praise to the editor and others for keeping it going 15 years (16 in November) after the show ended! Very few childrens shows have great fanzines in tribute to them long after they stopped! Just shows how great Knightmare was and that the Watchers although in their 20s and 30s mostly now still crave for Knightmare! Thanks for the hard work down the years Jake and enjoy reading reviews on classic quests and can understand your reasons after 10 years being editor (whilst commitments at college, university and work etc I guess). 70 Issues is great number!
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Thanks, Strike. If you're a new reader of TES, there should be enough archived material to keep you going for years. There are some real gems (not all of them written by me, I hasten to add) in there, as well as some stuff I'd rather not remember writing - most notably a story called Lord Fear's Adventure! I started doing TES almost the moment after my A-Levels were over, so yes, I found myself balancing TES with university work almost immediately, and I'm sure you can guess which one always took priority!
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Hi, Jake. Your latest editorial suggests that TES has run its last round of Knightmare QI. I'm not sure if you still have the PM I sent you last December in which I said that 'after many months of steady preparation, I have 30 questions to offer you for future rounds', but if you would like them to use in TES' remaining issues, please let me know and they're all yours. I'd rather have them hosted by TES than anywhere else.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

With regards to after TES, if anyone is interested in continuing it or starting anew, I'm open to suggestions.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Maybe a regular podcast?
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

A podcast is certainly possible. Though I suspect fewer people will listen to it than read an article on km.com.

It would need an editor.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Drassil wrote:Hi, Jake. Your latest editorial suggests that TES has run its last round of Knightmare QI. I'm not sure if you still have the PM I sent you last December in which I said that 'after many months of steady preparation, I have 30 questions to offer you for future rounds', but if you would like them to use in TES' remaining issues, please let me know and they're all yours. I'd rather have them hosted by TES than anywhere else.
Jake, the offer is still open, with no strings attached. :) I'd appreciate a firm reply one way or the other, as I'm sure you would in my position. I reckon I've given you plenty of thinking time. ;)
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Sorry, I missed your post amongst all the apres-TES discussion, but yes I do remember you saying you have three more potential rounds of QI. I don't want to host any more QI in TES, but if you run the competition on the forum (in the same way Martin did with the first ever round) I will definitely enter as many rounds as you care to put up - I've only ever been able to enter two rounds myself, and I'd like another go.