Knightmare Series 5-8

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
Brangwen
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare Series 5-8

Post by Brangwen »

Yeah, I doubt it'll last on Challenge? for 10 years, though heres hoping. I must however remember to tape each episode just in case they decide not to buy it again after the rights have expired.

But how many times have they shown/can show Takeshi's Castle or even the Crystal Maze?
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

Well, I think Challenge have acquired rights to show the series a certain number of times (10, I believe) so showing every day for 10 years might not be possible. :)
Aah, I was wondering how that worked out.

Does that mean that when they eventually buy other series they wont be able to show series 3 and 4 that they bought first because they keep repeating it?

Silly Challenge

;D
Foxxy Roxxy
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Only if they've shown all the episodes 10 times each. They'll definitely use up their quota of repeats, though. They have been paid for, after all. I'm not sure but I think that leaves another 5 showings of series 3 and another 8 or so of series 4. That could last them another two years or so if they pad it out a bit. And in that time they may decide to get another series. :)
Subject to change.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

looks like they may keep a few left so when a season 5 comes up they can put one of there populer Kmare seasons in between showings of each season.

well that stupid castle and maze crap should be used up by now whats with that?
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

When ever Challenge do get around to showing series 5. I think that people are also now beginning to get bored with Takeshis castle, just look at how many people are posting about it now compared to how many people are posting about Knightmare and how much they enjoy it. About a quarter to a third of the posts are about other programmes and the other quarter/third is immature primary school playground rubbish.

Some of the individuals I work with are a lot more mature and a lot younger too!
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Melisandrinoff
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Melisandrinoff »

Aww, I always rather liked Crystal Maze  :o  I thought whatsisname, the bald guy, was really funny!  Maybe that's just me though... ;) But Knightmare is waaaay better, and I love it so much more!  I've never watched Takeshi's Castle, but it always seems to be on Challenge when I'm channelhopping ;) So here's hoping that Challenge buy more Knightmare series!!
"You're in a room..." ;)
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

hiya,

i think whatsisname = Richard O'Brien

;D
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
Melisandrinoff
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Melisandrinoff »

;D ;D Thank you WhiteDevil - the name escaped me there, as you noticed  ;)  I do faces, I don't do names, er, whatever-your-name-is  ;)
"You're in a room..." ;)
Brangwen
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Brangwen »

Yeah, I used to like The Crystal Maze alot when I was a kid before, I was a tad obsessed with it too. It is basically the show which led me to watch other Game Shows so....It did get annoying with all the repeats though.

Takeshi's Castle however was ermm O.K to start with. It'll actually admit that I really liked it then I first saw it but now I'm getting bored of it, I will never watch repeats of it.

Strange how Takeshi declined in viewers near the time Knightmare arrived...
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

*Throws hat in air* Yipee! High viewing figures mean that Challenge will show more KM! That means Series 1, 2 (hopefully!), 5, 7 and 8 to look forward to and video (I've already received Series 6, which is brilliant, let me tell you!).  Personally, I'd like to see S5 first (I prefer the 'new' style more than the old).
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

*Throws hat in air* Yipee! High viewing figures mean that Challenge will show more KM!
Is this official or are you just being optomistic? have challenge? made an announcement then?
Foxxy Roxxy
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

I'm just being optomistic 'cause the viewing figures are high.  All they've said is that they're going to make an announcement regarding KM's future on Challenge soon.  I'm assuming this means they're going to show more *crosses fingers*
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

Ooh, you got me all excited for nothing there! hehe

I don't mind though coz you love Queen and so do I (seeing we will rock you again on Sat, hehe)
Foxxy Roxxy