Stop wondering and start asking...

Report and discuss latest knews and developments relating to Knightmare.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Stop wondering and start asking...

Post by Fidjit »

It has occured to me that everyone has asked for a Knightmare game on any console or system...  ???

I think this is a good idea too, but members are wondering and not asking. Ask XBox, ask Microsoft, PS2, Nintendo, anyone that makes games...  ???

It's about time Knightmare evolved somehow... We want to know what it is like to be the dungeoneer or advisor... It is far too late for us now, Knightmare is gone...  >:(

But we can relive it guys and girls, lets stop wondering and start asking. We should form a petition of some sort...  :)

With all of us, we can win...  :D

I'm sorry to snap guys but it is true!

Knightmare is going to change all
Last edited by Fidjit on 13 Oct 2003, 16:38, edited 1 time in total.
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Stop wondering and start asking...

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Sorry for the late reply, but here's my humble two cents.

I don't think at the moment we'd have much chance of getting any major company to produce a KM game. It might be a great idea for KM fans, and it would have been fantastic had the graphics and gameplay aspects of modern gaming been as they are now back in the early 1990s, but right now I doubt you'll convince a company to make a product for which there's perhaps not a sufficient market. Most of the people who buy these games now probably haven't heard of the show, so I don't think developers would be too keen to base a game solely on it and its appeal. However, I'm sure there are still a lot of great fantasy/RP games out there.

Also, if the new KM happens and is a success, the picture may change. If the new show captures the imaginations of another generation of young people, then the game manufacturers may well be interested.
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 16 Oct 2003, 19:26, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

[...] I doubt you'll convince a company to make a product for which there's perhaps not a sufficient market.
Oh, and before someone quotes this and says something like, "But you'll never know if you don't try!", I should say that anyone can, if they wish, make overtures to companies, write to people etc., for this idea, for KM on VHS, for other KM media, for Challenge to beam their transmissions into space so that aliens can enjoy this programme, or any other idea, if they really believe in it. There's not a set number or group of people who are allowed to campaign for things! Spend your effort doing what you think is positive, rather than saying other people don't go far enough- and no, Motley, those remarks aren't aimed at you at all. Not aimed at anyone, in fact.  

Oh, and of course there's the old KM games that I believe in at least one case you can download somehow to be playable on your PC, although I tried once and failed miserably after several hours- not that I really need to replay all those hours spent stoning the old man in the first room on my old Amstrad CPC 464 with its lovely multicoloured keyboard.

(Oh, quoting one of my own posts. How self-indulgent am I?)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Well, I've already sent a post to XBOX this was their reply...

Thank you for contacting the Xbox Customer Care Team with your query.

The Xbox Web site, at www.xbox.com/eu, has a full list of upcoming Xbox titles,
and the developers who are creating games for Xbox. This is definitely the place
to look for the latest information about Xbox game developers.
If you have any suggestions about future game developments you may leave
comments on this site.

If you have any further questions or queries please don’t hesitate to contact
us.
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Sounds a bit automated.

And plus, (and I'm sure I've said this before in some sort of wording)...

STOP REACHING FOR THE SKY AND GRABBING FOR THE STARS! We have a lot coming to us. Stop asking for more, you greedy sod, until we are in a comfortable situation and all other plans that have been asked for (i.e. new series, reruns, DVDs...) have been carried out.

Jesus Christ.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Trial_by_Spikes
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Trial_by_Spikes »

on a bike.
Oh look there's J.G. Ballard in a burnt-out fridge with a spitfire pilot.