10 years next year since it all ended.

For all discussion and ideas for bringing back classic Knightmare.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: 10 years next year since it all ended.

Post by Malefact »

I, for one, am very demanding. :)
Subject to change.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

I should have known someone was going to say that!  ;D
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

but then who knows! It's still a year until the tenth ani any possibly still time for the new Knightmare to be released. If it is realeased then, then it could be called something like Knightmare ten years on, Knightmare the next generation, etc.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Fear
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Fear »

Something like Knightmare ressurected would be one name.

Or Knightmare the lost years either if you wanted to be clever. A convenction sounds good.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

It's going to be called Knightmare VR.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Fear
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Fear »

It's going to be called Knightmare VR.
Whatever it gets called lets just hope it returns soons has anyone heard any dates yet?
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Any DATES?! You're getting the wrong end of the stick here, Tom. It's not even been confirmed that they're going to make the new series, let alone when production will begin. It could still be several years away, and that's if it's going to be made at all!

Tim Child has made a demo video of how the new series would work, and that should be released for public consumption fairly soon, but the new series is FAR from a done deal.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Anyone like the idea of a KM docu for the 10th anniversary...done by the fans?  It is possible that it could be done this summer.....
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Fear
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Fear »

Any DATES?! You're getting the wrong end of the stick here, Tom. It's not even been confirmed that they're going to make the new series, let alone when production will begin. It could still be several years away, and that's if it's going to be made at all!

Tim Child has made a demo video of how the new series would work, and that should be released for public consumption fairly soon, but the new series is FAR from a done deal.
Thanks for clearing that up for me H Storm i thought had deal had been done. Well we can wait and hope.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Anyone like the idea of a KM docu for the 10th anniversary...done by the fans?  It is possible that it could be done this summer.....
Kieran! What the hell do you think I'm tring to do?!
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

I have slightly different ideas to your college project.  Please refrain from being so hostile to what was a simple message.

I know what you are doing, I am not saying this will take over your idea, merely add to it, that is all.  By the end of the year we should have a rather large documentary sorted, now if we can conbine both sides, it shall be very successful.    

Your work is not being ignored.
Last edited by Kieran on 24 Mar 2004, 12:50, edited 1 time in total.
beveryafraid
Creator of Knightmare

Post by beveryafraid »

There seems some confusion as to the nature and purpose of the Knightmare VR demonstrator.

So to clarify: the demonstrator (or simulator) is is a real time virtual reality gaming platform.

Loaded into the system is the equivalent of one level of the old Knightmare, including a tunnel/maze layout.

Currently the simulator will operate two synchronous view points. View one is a topdown angled isometric and is simular to the controller's viewpoint in the TimeGate pilot. Once again - there will be a controller or perhaps even two (but not three).

View two is thru the eyes of the dungeoneer, who

is represented as an avatar (or player).

The simulator contains and controls four other non-playing (encounter) characters. All of these can conduct two way conversation. Some of these have a computerised database and some are directly connected through real actors behind the scenes. We hope and believe that teams  using the simulator will be unable to tell the differerence!

There are also three other NPCs but these are drama characters. You can guess that they include Lord F and Lissard. There is also a new Goblin creation who is currently codenamed Beveryafraid, until I can think of a better name for him. Teams invited to play on the simulator at the London launch should be able to enjoy about 20 minutes continuous gameplay.

The simulator runs on a three machine network of 3.4 gig PCs with professional quality NVidia graphics boards.
Two machines provide the viewpoints described, and the third machine is system management.

The whole setup includes the ability to data record and store, so when it is eventually used for TV programme production, you can go back and shoot all the action again from different cameras.

Finally, Treguard's avatar version may not be used when the simulator is launched in London this spring.
Instead, he will probably attend in person.

Nick - I am posting in this thread, but you may care to start a new one?

I suspect there are going to be just a few questions.....
play the endgame and play only to win
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

It all sounds extremely good to me, thanks for that clarrification of the demonstrator, sounds like it will be quite a fun project down in London!
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

BVA. will you be making any video footage of the demonstrator in action for us to download off Nic's site perhaps?
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

...There is also a new Goblin creation who is currently codenamed Beveryafraid, until I can think of a better name for him...
Can we try and think of one then?
Finally, Treguard's avatar version may not be used when the simulator is launched in London this spring.
Instead, he will probably attend in person.
I have one thing to say if that happens, Yay!

I may be getting the wrong end of the stick or it may have been said already, but does it mean that the whole thing is definately going be full VR then? Or am I asking a stupid question such as one which has already been answered?
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"