Alternative Series 4 Endings!

GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Alternative Series 4 Endings!

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Okay, rather a lot of us have criticised the ending to Series 4, specifically the dreadful Christmas scene. Here's your chance to write a better ending, either by getting rid of the Christmas scene and adding something else, or by adding something to the end of the ill-fated Christmas piece. Make it cool, make it funny, whatever.  

I'm recycling my first effort from another thread:

"One of the Christmas candles sets fire to Merlin's beard and he decides to use a spell to put it out. Of course, he spellcasts so slowly that soon enough it's a blazing inferno. He was last seen running desperately back toward Arthurian legend trying to put it out with his silly little wand. Mogdred was victorious, and everyone joined him in laughing evilly at the bearded old fool. Having finally won their battle, Mogdred and his pet Quail retired to Torquay."

I'm sure your efforts will be better!
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Lord_Bob

Re: Alternative Series 4 Endings!

Post by Lord_Bob »

Merlin was spellcasting his spell to remove Giles so slowly that Giles and co had time to despell it and bash him over the head with a christmas tree. While the old fool was stumbling around then Treguard allowed them to gain a well deserved win. After that attempt to sabotage the dungeon then Merlin was put into care, Mogdred's care. The rest is history...
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Tie him up in tinsel!  ;D ;D ;D
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

As Pickle screams out that "Something else is approaching, Master, something powerful..." (or however he put it) in walks Merlin yelling at him to shut up and saying how obvious it is what approaches, etc.

Then a troll puts his foot through the ceiling and squashes Merlin flat under his heel.

Merlin's last words are, "See? I told you anyone could've worked out what it was..."

Treguard sighs, picks up a spare portable telephone and says into it, "Hordriss? You still up for that promotion?"
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Giles walking into a load of bomb-rooms until he is unforunate...

Passes 26 bombs... "Oh for christ sake, DIE!" says Mogdread
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

The Dungeon begins to destruct and the series ends in the same way as series 3 except...

There is an epilogue: the camera cuts back to the table in the Level 3 Clue Room containing the key that would free Merlin ("Thankyou for finding the key, Giles, you may leave it on the table and I'll conjure it back to me later on.")

Mogdred takes the key, amid a peal of his laughter. This means that Merlin would not be saved from execution.

This also explains why Merlin does not appear in series 5 and beyond.
Subject to change.
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

That acually Tidies Merlin's disappearance up quite nicely!
LordF
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by LordF »

Another good Ending would be Lord Fear introducing himself to Treguard and Co and giving them a taste of his power by casting Merlin and Mogdred into the shadows for God knows long making himself the Man to beat as well as introducing himself.
LordF's DA Account
LordF's LiveJournal
Also known as Lord Fear
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

LOL, those are all great, especially the anti-Merlin ones. ;) Keep them coming, guys.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

We all love a good laugh at Merlin's expense;
Giles and co are pulled out of the dungeon too early and so no more teams are available. So MERLIN gets to have a go. However what he doesn't know is that it's a specially modified CoB only dungeon with each Corridor gettign faster. Oooh nasty indeed!
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

This idea is OK, I hope:

Instead of Merlin entering the antechamber, it is Mogdred. He aims to end things once and for all. Treguard urges the Team to use what magic it can; and once of the Advisers spellcasts TINY - the spell that Merlin gave them that was otherwise unused. This shrinks Mogdred, and as he protests, Treguard gets Pickle to run forward and drive Mogdred through the portal, into the Dungeon.

Next, we see Merlin on the screen. He praises the Team, Treguard and Pickle for their bravery, and sends over trophies. He then holds up a box: it contains Mogdred, and will serve as his prison. Merlin pledges to guard it and take it far away, a quest of his own that may never end. For, Merlin explains, Mogdred's powers are almost drained, but not completely. Treguard and Pickle send the Team home, and wonder about the future of the Dungeon.

Inside the box (or 'playpen' perhaps): Mogdred knows he is beaten. But he has one major spell left, and he casts it: FEAR...
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Elita
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Elita »

Instead of creating a Christmas wreath on the adviser's table, Merlin conjures up a basket of Easter Eggs and announces that it's Easter. Realising that Merlin is in fact quite, quite senile, Treguard puts him out of his (and our) misery by sending him on a Magical Happy Adventure. Said adventure consists of being shut in the Block and Tackle until nature (or in this case, a large flying stone block) takes its course.

Mogdred finds this so hilarious that he laughs until he asphixiates. He was always close to doing that anyhow...  
"Gentlemen! Please! You can fight like itsy bitsy babies later. Right now we have adult name-calling and mud-slinging to attend to."
- Dr. Nightmare, Attorney at Law
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Hmm, Drassil's version there made sense and resolved things ever so nicely. But at the same time, Elita's complete disregard for Merlin's wellbeing warms an old crone's heart.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Merlin has just set up all the gorgeous Christmas stuff in the antechamber. Since he was as sickened by all the Christmas stuff in the script as we are, Mogdred has left in a rage, so his replacement, Lord Fear, has been introduced and wants to get on with things. He already has a taste for those grand series endings where he tries to destroy the castle, but he's new to it, so there's no red dragons or trolls to be had. Knowing he thus can't wipe out much of a landmass, he decides to aim specifically at Treguard, and fires the greatest of his evil weapons to date, a small but overly ripe peach, directly at the Dungeon Master.

Treguard is signing off, but little does he know the Evil Peach Of Doom is hurtling through the fabric of Technospace towards him! Thankfully, having realised he's been off screen for almost half a minute (and that just won't do!) Merlin pushes Treguard out of the way and assumes his rightful position in front of the camera to deliver the closing lines. He's just thinking about how he'll assume the position of Dungeon Master next season after the huge success of the Christmas scene he suggested when the overripe fruit crashes through the antechamber ceiling and knocks him dead.

Treguard comes back into shot after looking down at the body before him. He turns to camera and considers saying something long about the Truth and Justice of what's just happened, but realising there's only a few seconds left for the scene settles on "Oooh, missed me."

Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 21 Jan 2004, 11:48, edited 1 time in total.
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

i think i mentioned something like this not long ago
it would have ben mogred and dungeoneer merlin would come along and dungeoneer woudl escae whilst merlin and mogdred basnished themselvbes into oblivion!!
that would have been the good excuse to bring in lord fear and for us not to knwon wthether km would live on or not or have a complete face lift like it did get for s 5 character wise
knightmaredave