10 years next year since it all ended.

For all discussion and ideas for bringing back classic Knightmare.
Willowherb
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: 10 years next year since it all ended.

Post by Willowherb »

If the convention idea gets off the ground (fingers crossed many, many times) let's have something in Glasgow/Edinburgh as well as London for the sake of us Scottish fans. If we're ignored we may just have to reach for the old magic claymores and do our worst... ;D
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Kieran! What the hell do you think I'm tring to do?!
Oops! I'll have to mind my mouth sometimes...
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

If we're ignored we may just have to reach for the old magic claymores and do our worst... ;D
Please, give them what they want. You don't want to even imagine what havoc Elita could cause with a claymore!
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

If the convention idea gets off the ground (fingers crossed many, many times) let's have something in Glasgow/Edinburgh as well as London for the sake of us Scottish fans....
That would be so... wrenching for the mackem amongst us then, wouldn't it? I'm not far from Edinburgh, and yet, have grown used to travelling all over the country - you get used to it, to be honest - part of the excitement of it all. Still - good luck on every count.
Knightmarian. alphavillean. Marvellian.
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

If the convention idea gets off the ground (fingers crossed many, many times) let's have something in Glasgow/Edinburgh as well as London for the sake of us Scottish fans. If we're ignored we may just have to reach for the old magic claymores and do our worst... ;D
KM does the SECC?

Now THAT would make for an interesting afternoon! There's enough room in the 'big red shed' to build the dungeon full scale, possibly including outside it... heck, if they can do Robot Wars and Thomas the Tank Engine at opposite ends of the same hall ANYTHING is possible!
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
Trial_by_Spikes
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:10 years next year since it all ended.

Post by Trial_by_Spikes »

This is starting to make me feel very old. I was in top-class of primary school. Knightmare ending was like the end of that part of my life.
Oh look there's J.G. Ballard in a burnt-out fridge with a spitfire pilot.
Gaminguy
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Gaminguy »

Hey a convention sounds really, REALLY kewl. Count me in!
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

A Knightmare only convention is probably a little far fetched (as much as I would love to see it happen). However, does anyone think it is possible to con ORGANISE any of the cast or crew to appear at an existing memoribilia convention?

Such events are held all over the country (approx twice a year here in Glasgow SECC) and 'celebs' both mainstream and obscure have been known to attend. For example, the last 'memcon' that I attended included Chris Barrie, Craig Charles and at one stage (I'm told...) Terry Pratchett. 2 tables further up the hall there was a couple of sports celebs from ye olde times that barely anyone had ever heard of (A 60s boxing champ and a few others)!

If that is possible... Surely so is KM....?
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Once the new Season kicks off, it will be far easier to sort out a convention I imagine.

Throughout the years there have been many talks of possible conventions, yet the largest meetup we've ever had has been 8 people (at once) back in August 2002 (minus RPG's, where we had 19 at once in S5 filming).

Given time, am sure one will occur, no harm in finding out whether the actors are interested....
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Gaminguy
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Gaminguy »

Certainly would be a fun experience though. Especially if a great number of actors appear. Wow! :D