...You Have Reached Journey's End

New members are very welcome to introduce themselves here.
SkipTheDreadnort
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

...You Have Reached Journey's End

Post by SkipTheDreadnort »

Good God...!

So there I was, sitting in my local Internet cafe messing around, when a thought hit me. Slowly, like a supernatural mist, it seeped into my mind, filling it with images and sounds. Leaf-strewn forest trails winding towards a gaping black hole in the fabric of space. The grind of cold, ripping steel sparking relentlessly over solid rock. A cacophony of strings tore at the very base of my spine as these images of death and decay welled up behind my eyes. I reached for the keyboard and typed a word I had not seen written or heard uttered for the better part of a decade...

...Knightmare.

Hi there! My name's Skippy. I've stumbled, as blind as The Dungeoneer themselves, into this burgeoning online community. I gotta admit, I'm simply overwhelmed at the amount of support and enthusiasm evident for what is arguably one of the greatest TV shows ever created. Browsing all the fansites, seeing the screenshots of fondly-remembered locations and hazards.... it's incredible. I've been transported in my nostalgic head back to a time when, like the rest of you, Friday afternoons had a certain aura of anticipation and dread about them. And even though I've since left my roleplaying days behind me, now I've found you guys I have every intention of re-imagining my deepest, darkest dungeon fantasies with the rest of you sickos and creeps (and I mean that in the best possible way)!

As for me, well you can find out all about me on my site, http://www.skiponline.4t.com/. You can read about what I get up to, see some photos, and other guff like that. Don't be fooled by the photos - I might not look like a "typical Knightmare fan" (although I doubt the existence of such a creature anyway), but in my head at least, I'll always be taking two half-steps to my left.

Keep the memory alive, boys and girls - we all need some justification for the way we turned out.

Regards,
Skippy
http://www.skiponline.4t.com/

PS My handle, SkipTheDreadnaught, is a homage to the criminally underrated autonomous entity that stalked the player during the middle part of the programme's life (im my opinion, Series 5-7 were the highwatermark of the show). Anyone who has ever experienced Resident Evil 3: Nemesis on Sony PlayStation will no doubt have been reminded of Knightmare's Dreadnaught - a relentless, unstoppable mechanized beast that acted as a level guardian at key points. At a time when the player's Life Force was represented by an armoured skeleton, the death of one unfortunate Dreadnaught victim - as impled by the close-up dismemberment of the naked skeleton - was something that has stayed with me from the moment I witnessed it. That, as I'm sure you'll agree, pretty much sums up Knightmare as a whole.

Skip xo
Knightmare: The Deeper Dungeons (working title) - Coming Soon
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:...You Have Reached Journey's End

Post by MoanaLiza »

Greetings and welcome to the forum. When I saw your name I thought that you were going to say that you're a bush kangaroo from Australia ;D. Feel free to rekindle your roleplaying days as there are planty of other roleplayers amongst this community and there is a few roleplaying communities for example http://surrounds.proboards20.com/index.cgi which is the Knightmare RP forum, which isn't neccessarily about quests, but what the characters more or less get up to and other characters. Check it out and you'll see. There is also this one http://kmbs.proboards12.com/ the Knightmare boarding school.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

Hmmmmm.

Dreadnought?

Oh yer that ruddy grest big metal thing that his lordship sent after the dungeoneers during the sixth dungeon phase.

I remember, espechialy since me an my goblins had to clean up the mess that was left after that dungeoneer didn't have the day word.

"HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE........LOVELY."

"Still yer can't beat clapin them in Irons, it's much more enjoyable plus there still alive afterwards to.......PLAY with."

"HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE........VERY LOVELY."
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
SkipTheDreadnort
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Ah, Skarkill - I'm glad you're here, I've been meaning to have a word with you...

I only ever saw you clap 'em in irons once - after the silly child summoned a horde of goblins by blowing into a horn. "Ahaha, that's a goblin 'orn", you cackled, "I'm gonna put my irons on you." So put 'em on you did, and the two of you were whisked away in a curious fish-eye type effect. Obviously that was the end of the adventure for our helmeted friend - "Ooh, nasty" etc - but my question to you is: what hapened next?

I know Treguard said that they had stumped up the ransom and all that guff, but I don't reckon that's strictly true. If you'd be so kind as to inform me exactly what you did in the interim, I'd be a very happy sicko.

Regards,
Skippy

PhoenixFlame
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by PhoenixFlame »

Heh, welcome to our humble abode!
Rising from the ashes once again....
SkipTheDreadnort
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Cheers Phoenix, feel like I've been here a lifetime already. I checked out yoru site briefly, pretty damn nifty. Have a look at mine if you get the chance - at least that way you can see what I look like. Sorry.

Thanks for replying,
Skippy

PhoenixFlame
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by PhoenixFlame »

Heh, which site did you visit? I'm the admin of KMBS, and my old board, Guardian Forum. I don't tend to do much there! Also, have you been on the back-up board where all the spam goes? Pretty fun there! I like you're site BTW, pretty cool!
Rising from the ashes once again....
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Hello there, Skippy, and welcome to the forum here. :D
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

At last, another tin-clad fellow joins the forums! Good to see you, welcome aboard.

Avoid the RUST spells, Skip. You'll know what I mean when it happens.
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Hmm talking of rust spells, Snowwie hasn't been around for a long time and neither have a few others for that matter!
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

On the other hand, many new faces are becoming increasingly frequent on here...it's like a phase shift has occurred...some characters go for a while, some new characters emerge, some old stalwarts remain (no offence intended of course!).
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

Hi, Skip! Welcome to the KM universe! ;D Btw, I'm the one who's also DimensionGirl in the RPG forum :)
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Welcome aboard, Skip. You certainlty seem a devoted fan, this be the best place for you!
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'