Series 6 - Episode 6

Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Re:Series 6 Episode 6 *NO SPOILERS PLEASE*

Post by Purgatory »

Wasn't being er Snippy....(?)
Just pointing out why it wasn't Lord fear ::)

What gave it away was his voice... :o
Plus we have seen that 'disguise' before.

I'm sure of it was lord fear he would have opened the box if front of them, where as Hordiss being a neutral would only provide them the means of death but not killing them.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

That's all very well, Meph, and your argument is fair enough (but hardly conclusive).

However you accused someone of being stupid just because they offered a theory you didn't agree with, which sounds pretty snitty (I think that's the proper word). An apology wouldn't go amiss.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Uh-uh! :(
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
DerbyGem
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by DerbyGem »

I thought it was Lord Fear disguised as Hordriss too, mainly on the basis of "why would Hordriss do something for / work with Lord Fear"
"There's nothing more terrifying than adolescent humanity"
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

I believe i got caught up in the discussion.. i wasn't calling anyone stupid.. as in dumb, (Have to remember how much communication is made from body language and tone of voice) But i didn't mean to cause offence.. Anyway it not that i don't agree i was looking at the evidence and trying to come up with an answer,

DerbyGem, Why would Hordiss help the 'powers that be' ?if his of neither team, a good enough offer would push him into doing anything. but remember because he was neither he wasn't going to work for anyone which was why he only gave the teams the means of death and not killing them off for no reason.. Again..you could say due to him failing was the reason that Lord fear put a spell on his daughter.
Very little evidence to show that it was Hordiss.. in fact i remember having this same discussion at school the 1st time it was on, it's a real mystery. Lord fear doesn't need a disguised, i can't see him wasting his time in doing so, he does tend to get others to do this dirty work.

Oaky.. the only thing we see is the the hand, pity there wasn't a good enough shot at it.. we could have seen if it was Fear or Hordriss by looking at that.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Okay, it's been a few weeks, but I've finally got round to studying the scene again, and I'm convinced that it's really Lord Fear disguised as Hordriss. Three reasons.

Firstly, the 'Harris' voice is not the same as the one Hordriss was putting on in s5. On that occasion the voice was more reedy and whiney, even dotardly, whereas here it's deeper and more sturdy. Mark Knight is an excellent mimick, and so the impression he does of Cliff Norgate is quite convincing, but listen carefully as 'Harris' speaks and you'll notice the unmistakeable MK tones just below the surface.

Secondly, close examination of Harris' hand shows the familiar red ring always found on Lord Fear's mid-finger.

Thirdly, the skin on the hand is chalk-white, whereas Hordriss' hands are the colour of normal flesh.

So as far as I'm concerned, Velda's absolutely right; it was Lord Fear dressed up as Hordriss dressed up as 'Harris'.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

i already pointed out the ring on his finger.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

No you didn't.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

Yes i did,
night not have been in this topic, but i remember saying something about if Hordriss wears rings... or something on that lines... i was probs the big dead give away
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Fine, whatever. The bottom line is it wasn't really Hordriss in the scene.
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Mephistopheles wrote: I believe i got caught up in the discussion.. i wasn't calling anyone stupid.. as in dumb, (Have to remember how much communication is made from body language and tone of voice) But i didn't mean to cause offence..
Thank you, Mephistopheles. I know that misunderstandings occur, and we now realise that didn't mean to cause offence, but it was unclear from the comment you originally made.

Once again, please can members report posts me if they feel they are offended by comments in any posts, and I will deal with it. Please avoid responding as that can just inflame the situation.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

Well we I'm sure sometimes people don't always realise whats been said or how it sounds to others.. as long as the situation is corrected then everyone can continue to get along.. which is why we're here.
But do need to be careful with forums, things can sometimes appear to say the compete opposite to what you intended, depending on who's interpretation.
superdungeoneer

TEAM 3, Season 6

Post by superdungeoneer »

when team 3 got to L3, just before they died on the causeway they started off in the dwarf tunnels and something weird happened.
What was that knight- thingy we saw just ahead off them b4 it quickly disappeared out of the picture? it appeared in the credits at the end of that episode. We never saw it again.
Was it supposed to be a character that they originally intended to use but decided not to use after this teams death or was it a random incident just to freak the viewers out & give the dungeon a greater sense of "THE UNKNOWN"?
If that was the intention- i liked it. Seeing teams go all the way through the dungeon enabled us to know pretty much all there is about it. However unanswered questions like this still enabled for a great sense of mystery to be kept for this magical world. The feeling of the unknown is more freaky & fantasy-like.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:TEAM 3, Season 6

Post by MoanaLiza »

That sounds like when we catch a glimpse of Skarkill in the dwarf tunnel. There was a dungeoneer in a dwarf tunnel and Skarkill was in the same tunnel. We catch a glimpse of him as he goes around a corner.
Last edited by Anonymous on 22 Jun 2004, 18:45, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Re:TEAM 3, Season 6

Post by TheBrollachan »

I think he is referring to the credits of that episode.

For the majority of the credits it focuses on the goblins, but the last part of the credits shows a masked 'knight' that has a sword.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.