Lord-fear

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
SkipTheDreadnort
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re:Lord-fear

Post by SkipTheDreadnort »

Seeing that one of my favourite personal lines ("Live. In. Fear.") is being bandied about willy-nilly on this thread, I thought I'd better get my two cents in before the controversy dies down. ;D

Nothing exasperates me more than people who go out of their way to act cool, while simultaneously indulging in exactly the same behavioural patterns they purport to ridicule. 'Irony' is too tame a word. I'd be more apt to use the phrase 'utter stupidity'.

I hate stupid people. Their very presence bugs me. There's absolutely no excuse for it. And this idiot, whoever he is, is definitely stupid. The problem is, the more we talk about it, the more attention he gets. And I'm pretty certain that this cretin desires attention above all else. It's probably the only attention he gets in life, being derided by others.

I can just picture him now, the little wimp, trawling the 'Net on his mummy and daddy's computer late at night, looking for niche subjects to take the p**s out of. I'll bet he's the kind of guy who calls up helplines and shouts "Hehe, w**kers" in an attempt to be cool. I'll bet he spends his spare time looking up dirty words in dictionaries too, or jacking off to his daddy's collection of Amateur Photographer. Perhaps he spends his everyday existence being picked on by others, or maybe he just has an inferiority complex, but it's a pretty s*ite state of affairs when abusive typing (see, it even sounds ridiculous) is the only solace he gets from having the s**t kicked out of him by the big boys on the bus.

I'm not what you would call a 'hardcore' fan, though I absolutely hate that word. I don't dress up for the LARPGs, I don't have the entire series on video, I don't spend every moment of free time on these forums, and I don't have my own tribute site. Having said that, I have nothing but the utmost respect for the folks for whom this community does function as a large part of their lives. Their dedication and hard work has allowed more casual types like me to glean every possible piece of KM info, debate and speculation I wish I could have been privy to when I was a young kid watching the show religiously. And even if I didn't think much of the community, I certainly wouldn't waste my time and effort telling them so. That would be like knocking on the door of the local Bible class and shouting "Hehe, w*nkers". As if they're going to have their beliefs shaken by some tw*t on the street giggling like a first-former watching Beavis And Butthead. There's absolutely no point. It's just....stupidity. I mean, please. And if there's one thing I can't stand, it's stupid people.

So, as much as I'm opposed to all types of violence (remember where I'm from), perhaps the only language this pr*ck will understand is a good solid beating. Either that, or we should just ignore the bastard and talk about something else instead - this is not, last time I checked, a forum for abuse and playground insolence.

Have a nice day.

Skip
Knightmare: The Deeper Dungeons (working title) - Coming Soon
thecrystaldaze
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by thecrystaldaze »

Thats one way of putting it lol
Last edited by thecrystaldaze on 04 May 2004, 19:12, edited 1 time in total.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Well said. End of thread, methinks.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I have noticed that when you start a topic there is a lock topic option. I wonder if it just applies to admin (Illusion) or to whoever starts a topic also. If it does apply to whoever starts a topic then couldn't you lock this topic then Emii?
Last edited by Anonymous on 04 May 2004, 22:07, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Good idea! Lockage!
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"