Video Game?

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Re:Video Game?

Post by FrightKnight »

NimaGraven wrote:
FrightKnight wrote: Yes, it's a lot of work for a game that in the end isn't that great.
I suppose you mean for a game based on the series of Knightmare it wasn't that good.. Or did the Captive engine just fail it in general? Hmm.. Because from what I can remember, Captive and Captive II: Liberation were both very good games for the Amiga.
It hasn't aged well in comparison to some other games released at the time. Captive and Liberation have fared better, yet I don't see many people rushing to play them now...

What I mean to say simply is that I didn't like it. It was, as I recall from the demo, far too hard. I also couldn't understand what to do. I just got hit by goblins.
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
keke
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by keke »

hey all. just wondering if you want to play the game online for free no downloads or whatever then click here:http://www.ciunga.it/jxspeccy/arc/3.htm ... TMR&128k=1 should just have a window appear and you can play knightmare in it. woooo
Knightmare game completion:
Level 1: 100%
Level 2: 8%
Level 3: 1%
keke
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by keke »

knowing the controls would help ::)
grrrrr i can't even get out the prison cell. i know there's a guide but thats cheating. grrrrrr it
Last edited by keke on 12 Jun 2004, 20:06, edited 1 time in total.
SkipTheDreadnort
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by SkipTheDreadnort »

Ah, the old 'prison cell' puzzle - I can almost hear my Commodore64 joystick smashing off my bedroom wall. Just remember that a good knight always spares a thought for the needs of others...

The Activision game wasn't actually that bad, if you look at it simply as a generic adventure. It was pretty tough, and there was a large area to explore, even if the locations all practically looked identical. As a Knightmare game, though, it didn't capture the spirit of the show at all. Not only was there combat involved (the dungeoneer could find and use a sword), but the player comes under near-incessant assault from random ghouls and beasties. It is also free-roaming, and there are no dexterity puzzles of any kind - totally out-of-step with the spirit of the show. No videogame has ever conveyed the atmosphere and play dynamics of the TV show, instead merely slapping a Knightmare motif on all sorts of game styles (there was a bit of a Blopdwych rip-off, if I remember - must be the Amiga version).

This, however, is where I step in.

Have a read at the Here's a mad idea... thread and help me in my endeavours. It's time we rectified this particular inequity. Mwahahaha.

Skip
Knightmare: The Deeper Dungeons (working title) - Coming Soon
keke
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by keke »

on that game i put the link for how do u kill guards. i got the sword but i dont know how to use it to kill them
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

keke wrote: hey all. just wondering if you want to play the game online for free no downloads or whatever then click here:http://www.ciunga.it/jxspeccy/arc/3.htm ... TMR&128k=1 should just have a window appear and you can play knightmare in it. woooo
Kool! Thanks for this.

Found some instructions on how to play Spectrum games in general at http://www.ciunga.it/jxspeccy/p_doc.html#howtoplay

I'll certainly give this a mention in the next update.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Hey Skip?

Is you're game using previous rooms in Knightmare?
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
SkipTheDreadnort
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by SkipTheDreadnort »

My game will lift the best rooms from all seasons of Knightmare - causeways, bomb rooms, Cards Of Chaos, Corridor Of Blades, Trial By Spikes etc. I'm also gonna be throwing in some original rooms and ideas, which I hope people will be ready and willing to try and tackle. I will be harsh but fair.

Despite the inclusion of Cards Of Chaos and other latter-series obstacles, the game will have a very old-school feel, rooted firmly in the first three seasons. It will be completely dungeon-and-cavern-based. Plus, it will be horrendously hard. Be warned.

Seriously, look at the main thread. It's all there in explicit detail. And if you have any cool ideas for obstacles (that fit within the Knightmare world, of course) please fire 'em my way.

Cheerio
Skip
Knightmare: The Deeper Dungeons (working title) - Coming Soon
Ben5067
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Ben5067 »

blimmin eck that game was hard lol.

i was going though me atic yesterday and i came across me Knightmare boardgame i fort i lost years ago lol lol i mite play it one day
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Can't wait for Skip's game to evolve it sounds cool!
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
tomyboy
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by tomyboy »

If anyone could make a modern flash/shockwave online Knightmare game, it'd be much appreciated! Thanks for the free game but it's a lacks in graphics (for a online game)!
Arcengal
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Arcengal »

That's because it's an emulated Spectrum game.

I posted a game idea months ago which people seemed to like. I'll look for it. (edit: found it)

I don't know if any decent ones have been made, but here's my idea for one.

The game is set up a la Dungeon Keeper style, with the exception of Watcher Mode which is more familar with the TV series.

In Knightmare, you get to choose one of three modes:

Treguard Mode: In Treguard mode, your goal is to get dungeoneers through the dungeons to collect all 4 quest objects (cup, sword, shield, crown). The first few dungeons are easy pickings, with pathetic traps and clumsy goblins being the only obstacles. However, as you progress further through the game, the dungeons get tougher and longer, from just one level to having a whopping four levels! And remember, since you have to get at least four dungeoneers through each dungeon section (to get a diff quest object each time), you had better plan your strategy. Should you give this dungeoneer a bit more training, or should you throw him while the hobgoblin is busy with the last carcass? The decision is yours, but remember the time limit that the game imposes....fail to meet it and your career as dungeon master is over.

Watcher mode: In watcher mode, your goal is direct the dungeoneer through the world of the Dungeon. Using shortkey combinations (sl means sidestep left for example), you must keep your friend safe and make him pick up the right objects before proceeding. This mode is unique in that there is no real limit on time, but you only get one shot...and the Game Over screen is that lovely Death Sequence from series 1-4, full screen and in your face.

Lord Fear mode: In Lord Fear mode, your goal is to STOP the dungeoneers getting through the dungeon. This is more like Dungeon Keeper, but it's doubly ruthless. As well as keeping the monsters hungry for fresh meat and making sure traps are maintained (people get through PYCR without a scratch even though they keep picking the wrong card!) you also have to keep the dungeon clean(!), otherwise contestants will be more aware of the dangers. Lord Fear mode has no money as such, but each improvement takes time and the dungeoneers don't wait around. As the game progresses, you get given less and less each time to start with, and have to add your own traps. Certain traps may only be used once however, such as the Corridor of Blades and other favourites.
Lord Fear game over is when the dungeoneers have redeemed all 4 quest objects in a dungeon. You have to keep them out for a time period of around an hour in each level.

And the hardest part of the game: Modgred mode. Although, this is never really a mode, it's a feature. When turned on, Modgred begins to interfere in everything. Goblins carefully positioned for maximum effienency get scared off by magic swords, the dungeoneers become invisible....everything goes haywire when Modgred is angry....

Available for PC, with Internet play (LF mode vs TG mode)
Last edited by Anonymous on 17 Jun 2004, 22:12, edited 1 time in total.
4 line sigs yada yada yada
tomyboy
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by tomyboy »

Where can I get that game from? It sounds interesting!
Arcengal
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Arcengal »

Umm...the one I wrote about? It doesn't exist. Sadly.
4 line sigs yada yada yada
tomyboy
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by tomyboy »

Thanks for getting my hopes!!!